Coral or Island Obstructed View E509 or E510

Hamitchell

I have searched high and low, and can't determine if there is a view of any kind "over" the top of the smaller life boats outside these rooms, or around the boats. Any takers?

I swear I have done cc, TA, cruise mates, cruiseshippLANs, etc w/o results.

I have searched high and low, and can't determine if there is a view of any kind "over" the top of the smaller life boats outside these rooms, or around the boats. Any takers?

I swear I have done cc, TA, cruise mates, cruiseshippLANs, etc w/o results.

The view from this cabin should be roughly like this. This picture is NOT from the Coral or Island but looking at the layout of the deckplans it should be pretty close. Hope this helps a little.

Theo

E506.jpg.baf8b876fc89aecec7299bc913fc74a9.jpg

Although I can't say for sure for these particular cabins, in general the smaller lifeboats only obstruct the lower third of your view - you get a clear view out to sea and any land nearby, you just won't be able to see the ocean too well. It's only the large tenders (in the vicinity of cabins E334/335 and E 520/521) that completely obstruct the view and give you the 'big orange', apart from when they are let down in a tender port.

Thanks Renmar and Jolly. That's what I was thinking. I think the kids can look over the boat since the bed should abut the wall with the window in this room. If not, I'll be getting some upper body exercise.

Renmar, I was thinking that picture must be how it is; but then, there might be a post or overhand that differs. I contacted a female member in E510 and she did not remember a view, but it was some time ago, and I bet she's not 6'1" like I am.

Worse case scenario, we get to cruise to Panama Canal, so I'll be happy in any event.

Mitch

Archived