Transportation to and from Ship

dogchopper

I am just getting ready for my cruise in 18 DAYS!! yay.. but I need to book my airport shuttle..

So far the best deal Im finding is on cruisexpress.com they say round trip for 2 people is 80 bucks.. Carnival charges 70 per person so its much cheaper than them..

Just wanted to know if anyone has used these guys and if they are ok.. or if anyone else is better cheaper, what ever.. never done a shuttle before, iv'e always drove to the ports.. so this is new to me..

Since I wasnt thinking straight, Im editing this to say.. my shuttle needs to be from Orlando to Port Canaveral.. :)

Thanks

I'm assuming (not always a smart thing), there are two of you going. Consider renting a car at Orlando airport and driving over. Don't know if you are going to overnight at port, but if you do, you'll have a car available. All the major car rental places have drop off points very close to the pier with shuttle service. It's an easy drive - takes slightly less than an hour.

I looked at budget, it was 17.99 from the airport to the port, but 69.99 on the way back.. :( not worth it for the hassle.. I guess I'll stick with the shuttle.. may be crowded but at least I will know i'll get there and it will be about the same price.

Dogchopper,

The car is not as frightening as it sounds. Car pick-up at MCO is a piece of cake compared to other airports. I've never worried about the fairly new cars breaking down - but I suppose it could happen. It's a straight shot from MCO to Port Canaveral and it's very well posted - I guess you could get lost, but if you follow the pretty large signs I think you'll be okay. We find it convenient to get the car (which works out cheaper for two), that way we can stop and get beverages and get to dinner the night before. Whatever it is you do, I hope you really enjoy your cruise.

Dogchopper,

The car is not as frightening as it sounds. Car pick-up at MCO is a piece of cake compared to other airports. I've never worried about the fairly new cars breaking down - but I suppose it could happen. It's a straight shot from MCO to Port Canaveral and it's very well posted - I guess you could get lost, but if you follow the pretty large signs I think you'll be okay. We find it convenient to get the car (which works out cheaper for two), that way we can stop and get beverages and get to dinner the night before. Whatever it is you do, I hope you really enjoy your cruise.

Well, I am wishing I would have booked a hotel and flew in the night before, but I didn't' and to change it now would be costly (air fare has gone up since I booked it) My brother and his wife life in Orlando and they just had a baby.. It would have been smart to stay an extra day to see the baby.. but... Noo.. I didn't think ahead.. I checked into switching my flight, but that is expensive to do too.. so...

But if I were staying overnight I would definitely rent a car and enjoy myself.. but.. for just a quick trip, i think we'll probably shuttle?

Dogchopper,

The car is not as frightening as it sounds. Car pick-up at MCO is a piece of cake compared to other airports.

Not always. Lines can be quite long. It depends on the company. Also remember that there will be others trying to rent at the same time to get to PC.

Final point... the rates quoted are "base Rates." There will be mucho in fees and surcharges.

Stick with the shuttle!

rent a car, it's cheaper. We always rent one, for our feb cruise we're renting one the day before we leave and will turn the car in on the way to the port, I got a good deal online for a mid size car, only 20 bucks, w/ taxes total is only 29.xx

forgot to say we pick it up in Orlando and leaving out of Port Canaveral as well

Archived