2.5yr old daughter on Epic or another big ship -- activities & baby-sitting?

EugeneD

We've taken our then 6-mo old daughter on our last cruise, and it turned out great, though we did have grandparents for help. At the time, we were obviously inseparable and I did not inquire into activities or babysitting.

We're tentatively booked for a Jan cruise on the Epic, but she's obviously older, so we can entertain the idea of using some sort of baby-sitting services during the evening -- particularly on a big ship like the Epic, where we hope to catch a comedian act, blue man group, or cirque du soleil.

The travel agent assured us NCL is great for kids.. (I do remember being on NCL, though I obviously wasn't paying attention to this at the time..) Does anyone have experience or feedback with either daytime parent-participation children's enrichment activities, or night-time babysitting (personal and/or group care) on Norwegian? How does it work, how available is it, how much does it cost, and so forth?

Thanks!

Eugene.

You threw me for a minute, you said "babysitting" but what you actually meant was "Kids Crew". :D Your daughter is 2.5 and old enough to go into the Kids Crew activities - so there would be no charge before 10:30 p.m. After 10:30pm the charge is $6/hour (and on port days before the ship leaves port)

The Kids Crew is AWESOME!

Some of the schedules are here...

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/NCL%20Kids%20Crew/?start=all

Archived