Question for Pride of America cruisers

RiverRev

A friend of mine just returned from his cruise and is a bit hot. He said that every night between 10:30 and 11:00 there was a banging of pipes in his room that disturbed them (they are early to bed folks). He said that every night he would ask about the cause and got different responses every night.

So, has anyone experienced this? Does anyone have a cause that is reasonable for the problem? His cabin, he said, was aft -- 4102 -- but that looks like a midship cabin to me.

Forward on Deck 4 of the Pride of America, exterior cabins 4500- 4506 port side and 4000- 4006 starboard, and inside staterooms 4503, 4003, and 4005 are underneath the most aft portion of the stage. There could be some noise heard overhead from these staterooms during performances, as well as before and after when staff are preparing for or cleaning after a show.

Also there is a restaurant above cabin 4102 and that could present some noise issues perhaps.

Just a guess though. Haven't been in that room.

Hope he had a good trip otherwise.

4102 is more aft and past the rear staircase and possin=bly under Jefferson Bistro what I can't tell from looking at the plan is whether the black are could be the main kitchen or staff sleeping area and also could be their play room which is set up with games tyables table tennis etc.

Have been on POA twice and located aft over the wake of ship but usually higher deck such as 8/9 but have never heard any noise issues.

Suggest next time they pursue the issue further and not just accept a handfull of answers.

4102 is also the third last cabin on deck 4 so not sure what all the white area is aft of the cabin it may be staff quarters or engine room, just a guess.

here are links to deck plans:

deck 4

http://www.cruisecheap.com/ships/norwegian-cruise-line-pride-of-america-deck-plans.html

deck 5

http://www.cruisecheap.com/ships/norwegian-cruise-line-pride-of-america-deck-plans.html

deck 4

Here is a link to a deck plan site for the POA that allows you to drag one deck over another to see clearly what is above and below. It does not identify any area that is off limits to passengers (those "blank" spaces).

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit2.php?ship=Pride%20of%20America

its looking to me like the big blank space across the hall is the lower kitchen...where the freezers, main refers, butcher shop, etc are. Above it is the Bistro which could get some noise after is closes for dinner.

Ships are "living beasts" with motion and noise most of the time...the cruise ships generally do a good job of masking the noise, so it was too bad that they had this problem...but could have been avoided with more knowledgeable cabin selection.

Ships are "living beasts" with motion and noise most of the time...the cruise ships generally do a good job of masking the noise, so it was too bad that they had this problem...but could have been avoided with more knowledgeable cabin selection.

Well said!

Thanks friends. I tried to tell my friend that this was just a fact of ship life. I have learned that, as with all real estate, it's location, location, location. Perhaps, if they were not such early to bed folks it would not have been an issue. I personally cannot remember being in my cabin at 10:30.

Anyway, thanks for your input.

Archived