Just booked our Eastern Caribbean dives YAY!

cardbucfan

Hey all, I just booked our dives for our upcoming Thanksgiving cruise. We are diving St. Thomas and Grand Turk. Thanks for all the info. on here. I contacted three operators on both islands and it came down to one clear choice on each island.

St. Thomas I emailed Admiralty, Blue Island and Coki Beach. Coki Beach only had shore dives and they suggested we tag along with the beginners coming out from our ship. Uh, no thanks. Admiralty sounded O.K., but a little canned in their emailed response back to us. Their Nitrox cost was lower than Blue Island but everything else was the same and Blue Island has so many positive reviews on here and on Trip Advisor that we decided to pay the extra $9 per tank and go with them. At this point, we are the first ones booked with them that day (it's actually Thanksgiving that day!) so we get to choose where we go!

Grand Turk I emailed GTdiving, Blue Water and Oasis. Since our ship doesn't get in until 1:00 Blue Water will only do a single tank dive and they were insistant that we do their really small group dive for around $130!!!!! Wow! Oasis is the ship's operator and said we had to book through Princess. So we are going with GTdiving. The guy I spoke with was really nice and funny and we can do a two tank with them no problem.

So, I'll report back how it all goes but if anybody is researching, this is what I've found for these places.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will agree with the above poster. SCUBA in ST THOMAS was ok. GRAND TURK WAS FANTASTIC.

In Grand Turk, I used the ship operator, OASIS divers. They were fantastic.

In ST thomas, I HAD to use Underwater Safari, the ship tour. They wer e ok and the diving was ok. Dont get me wrong, I was happy to go,however I have a story concerning BLUE ISLAND divers.

I booked them two months before my cruise this past SEPT. I read lot of great reviews about them and wanted to book independently, so I DID IT. The day before ST TOMAS we were in SAn Juan PR. I turned on my phone and found three voice mails from DJ from BLUE ISLAND DIVERS. Basically my dives were cancelled due to an apporaching tropical storm that was going to hit ST THomas the day we arrived. Sept 23rd if you need the date. The ship NEVER announced that any storm was approaching, so I went and asked them. It was news to them, and they wondered where I got my info from. So, I told them. They looked at me like I was nuts. So the next morning we arrived in ST Thomas, sun was shining and boy was it hot. Great day for diving.

I was VERY DISAPPOINTED in BLUe Island divers. One thing DJ did say that I was going to dive with three other peopl and that they cancelled. THAT, I think is the real reason DJ cancelled on me. I understand that, but to tell me a tropical storm is approaching and That is why you cancelled my dive!

I won't go and tell people not to use BLUE ISLAND but I was REALLY surprised that this happened to me after reading soooo many great reviews. I just am not going to recommend them. Needless to say just be careful. HOPE YOUR DIVES ARE GREAT

Archived