banana boat rides?

momofdanda33

We just visted Costa Maya on 4/7/05. Yes, there are banana boats, and wave runner rentals at Mahahaul, $10 for the banana boats, and $35 for the wave runners. There was also a guy taking people snorkeling for $20.

Hey Rosy,

What part of Mahahual were you in for the water sports? Where you close to Tapas Bar? I haven't been there yet so I don't even know how large Mahahual is. Would appreciate any info you have.

Thanks,

Kath

Mahahual is not very big, (one sandy street with ropes for speed bumps) we got off the bus at the entrance, and walked (just a few minutes) until we found an area we liked, a new place called the Blue Palm, (Tapas Bar was across the street from us) we had 2 tables, and 4 lounge chairs right at the waters edge. The banana boat pulled up very close to where we were sitting, so that was convenient, wave runners, just a short walk down the beach. We stayed all day! Their food was excellent, my 13 year old said the faijtas "were better than the Mexican resturant in Atlanta!" It's not the cleanest beach, but the people are friendly. A lot of shops, cheaper than the port shops, all of the vendors were willing to barter. We had a great day!

Archived