Sailing from Jax Port in Feb?

SE NC

Hi guys.... The bribe and I have been on 10 plus cruises all in warm weather months. We are cruising with my sister and BIL leaving Jax on Feb 4....(Super Bowl cruise!). Can any of you share how cool/cold you found the weather at sea between Jax and say Miami. Once we hit southern FLa, I not really concerned too much that it will be cold. Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences!:D

I lived in northern Florida for several years and it can get quite chilly if a front has pushed through. Sometimes in the thirties at night, sometimes even colder. Very cold to us. The daytime highs can be better with the sun shining. It all depends if a cold front has made it down which they do frequently that time of year. Have a great cruise!!!

we went this year and it was very chilly and very windy (enough to wear a thick jacket and no thoughts of going in the hot tub on embarkation day) leaving and slightly chilly coming back. but this is coming from someone who lives in north florida and doesnt experience that type of weather very often.

I think you'll just have to keep an eye on the weather. Two years ago, it got down to 19 degrees in Tampa.

I lived in North Florida for 23 years. The weather can't be predicted that far out.

We sailed from Tampa to the Western Caribbean last January. It was in the 60's in Cozumel.

we left from Jax last Jan. and it can be a bit on the cool side. Even in the Bahamas it was very cool especially Freeport. Nassau was warmer though but we chose not to really swim that trip as it was on the cool side especially with the breeze. Although my Wife just said that I did get in up to my knees. I do remember the water was brisk. We were lucky to have Smooth Seas so that helped a lot!!!

I sailed out of Jacksonville on Feb. 5 this year and it was freezing with the wind! Wewore sweatshirts on the sailaway. Things got a little better in Nassau and Half Moon Cay. Jan and Feb are def the coldest months here. When we returned it was in the 40s.

Archived