Labadee snorkel safari or grand cayman stingray?

GinnyPotter

I will take the Freedom of the Seas next January, and really want to take one and only one snorkel tour. Hubby wants to see the stingray which turns out having to go with a snorkel. But I've read a thread about the new labadee snorkel safari is great... Anybody has an idea which one I should go?

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, you can do great snorkeling in a lot of places, but the stingray experience in Grand Cayman is really unique and once in a lifetime. If you're only going to pick one, do the stingrays! Check out the Grand Cayman boards on tour guides--we've stayed in the Caymans a few times and different family members used different operators--and find what you want. You will not be disappointed. Have a great time!

Ditto

Labadee is a relaxing, beachie type day.

One year we paid and did the Zip line,

The next time we paid and did the coaster.

This up coming year we are paying and doing those water ski-doos.

When we did the stingray city..........it is truly amazing. I was scared at first, but, then it was truly amazing how these wild stingrays trust you and let you hold them, feed them (under the direction of the guide).

Would we do it again YES

But, please go to the boards about Grand Cayman............our excursion thru RCI was a little haphazard and busing was an issue and I was not really friendly when they had more people than the buses could take to the beach. All's I will say is we got 3 seats on a bus, while others did not, but, I only did what the tour director told me to do :(

So look to see who has the best deal, and who the critics would do again.

A private excursion booked on your own could be better. Or things may have improved through RCI.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

Archived