Sojourn Transatlantic 8 March 2012

MARIANH

We are considering this cruise. From past experience can anyone guide us as to the type of weather we are likely to encounter at that time of year. Yes, I know it is unpredictable but past experience could be a helpful guide. My wife is keen to boost her vitamin D through a bit of exposure to the sun. Is she likely to be disappointed?

Weather on Transatlantic crossings can not be predicted. Some Spring crossings we've had cool days & rain ~some TA's the weather has been very warm with lots of sunshine. Fall Crossings are usually sunny and warm.

Perhaps March Atlantic voyages akin to "a box of chocolates" ~~you never know what you're gonna get!":p

Martita B.

We are considering this cruise. From past experience can anyone guide us as to the type of weather we are likely to encounter at that time of year. Yes, I know it is unpredictable but past experience could be a helpful guide. My wife is keen to boost her vitamin D through a bit of exposure to the sun. Is she likely to be disappointed?

Personal experience suggests early March may be just a wee bit too soon for any serious sunshine, even though you are on a fairly southerly Great Circle from FLL to Funchal. As Martita says - you never can tell. We did a QM2 Southampton to NYC in August a few years ago, battled Force 8's for 3 full days, temperature never got above 65 F and entered New York Harbour in thick fog! Good luck.

Some years in the Spring (2005-06-07) the TA's were not the best ~cold and very rough seas. The past couple of years we've enjoyed beautiful weather. March 4th is a bit early for warm, sunny days ~

Mother Nature's weather is always a mystery.

MB

Archived