Shadow in `Saigon`

kpercy

Yes, we participated in this event on our recently completed trip from Hong Kong to Singapore. They bus you and the other participants to the Majestic Hotel, where you start with a cocktail hour, followed by the dinner while the show goes on. We were seated at a table of 8. Honestly, no one at our table enjoyed it. The food wasn't particularly good, the wines were awful (one man at our table went and bought his own bottle of wine from the hotel, because the wines they were pouring were so bad), and the entertainment was so loud we couldn't really converse with our dining companions. The dancers (who looked high school age, but might have been in their early twenties) were pretty good, but there was a stand-up comic who told indecipherable jokes and ate a banana while he played the harmonica. All in all, we were quite pleased when the event was finally over, and we rushed down the stairs instead of waiting on the elevator in order to get on the first bus back to the ship. All in all, if I had it to do over, I would have stayed on the ship. I talked to many others who felt the same way. I must admit that I did talk to one couple who thought it was wonderful, and claimed that others had said the same thing - but I never came across any of them.

Archived