MDR vs. Windjammer for breakfast and dessert on Allure

Scecy

How does the breakfast in the MDR compare with the breakfast buffet in Windjammer? Do I understand correctly that there is also a buffet in the MDR? Are the two different?

Also, when it comes to dessert (at dinnertime, not breakfast!), are the desserts offered in the MDR also available in Windjammer or does Windjammer just offer their own desserts every night?

I think I may be too full at dinnertime to eat dessert and wonder if I can just get some dessert later in the evening.

Thanks!

In the dining room, you are SERVED, on tableclothed tables! It's nice! No searching for butter or syrup...no waiting in line. It's like a restaurant...you order, and they bring it. All of the condiments are on the table waiting. Breakfast is awesome in the MDR.

I've found that the WJ has better desserts than the dining rooms.....years ago, used to be a different story, but not in this day and age!

So am I wrong in thinking that there is a buffet in the MDR for breakfast? It is just table service?

cb_at_sea, how do you know that the WJ has better desserts? Have you eaten desserts from both places? (On the same night ;) ) What I noticed, when I saw some menus, is that there are different desserts every night in the MDR. Some of them sounded good. So I wonder if the WJ also offers different desserts each night or if there is the same typical stuff (chocolate cake, cheesecake, ice cream) there every night.

I know I should be patient and find all this out on my own during the cruise, but I can hardly wait!

I sailed on the Allure Oct 16-23, 2011. Yes, the MDR has a breakfast buffet or you may order from the menu. I ate breakfast there on Tues and Fri mornings, but I never ordered off the menu. The buffet was fine for me.

Breakfasts - You may order from the menu on the MDR, full table service AND there is a buffet, usually on a different deck of the MDR. Windjammer buffet is more of a free-for-all but with lots of choice, MDR buffet is far more sedate, you usually get seated on larger tables and have waiter service for drinks but I think there is less choice than the windjammer.

Then of course you have little cages for coffee and pastries and room service options. Hope you have enough days to find your favourites.

Desserts - I think the windjammer closes service at around 9pm.

You can get desserts in the evening in other places as well. Cookies and cakes in the Promenade Cafe and cupcakes at the Cupcake Cupboard (extra charge). I haven't been on Allure, but I believe there is also a place for ice cream on the Boardwalk. No need to hurry to eat dessert before the Windjammer closes.

Archived