Tell Me About Your Tour With Lawrence of Antigua

Yvonne

Those are the same links I found, but that's not what I'm looking for. My question is does Lawrence's tour just drive through the rainforest, or do you stop for something other than fruit, and do you see anything other than trees? Also, does he stop at Fig Tree Studio? Anybody who's been on his tour should be able to answer.

Those are the same links I found, but that's not what I'm looking for. My question is does Lawrence's tour just drive through the rainforest, or do you stop for something other than fruit, and do you see anything other than trees? Also, does he stop at Fig Tree Studio? Anybody who's been on his tour should be able to answer.

Your questions are inconsistent, and you aren't reading the responses - EACH TOUR IS PERSONALIZED. Do some research to see what interests you then contact Lawrence to see what he recommends for you - it is that easy! I told you what we chose, and no I do not know what the Fig Tree Studio is, sorry, just ask Lawrence. But you need to do some work to plan YOUR trip then he will customize the tour based on your requests.

ENJOY!

I don't think Lawrence is the tour operator for me if he only does customized tours. I've sent an inquiry to someone else, and I'm hoping he'll have recommendations for me.

I also found more information on Antigua's rainforest when I used the search terms "fig tree drive." That's the road that takes you through the rainforest, and there are several detailed reviews on TripAdvisor under that heading.

I'm going to start a new thread for standard, non-customized tours and see if anybody has other recommendations.

Very good. We prefer personalized/customized tours when we tour the islands. But there are several operators out there that do the plain vanilla versions and many of the points I mentioned will be captured in these or should be - good luck!

Customized tours are fine if you're with a group, but they're expensive when you're solo. In St Kitts, I had a very good guide who customized our tiny group of 3 for $20, but that's mainly because competition is fierce in St Kitts! Hopefully it's fierce in Antigua, too, but I haven't been there in years, so not sure how the group tour situation is now.

I may want to do Lawrence's Beach Tour after I've worked out the rainforest/sites-of-interest portion. We're not sailing until Oct, so I've got plenty of time to work out the logistics.

We're also in port until 8 pm, so that gives me time to do more than most other ship port calls.

Thanks for suggesting the Roll Call option, but last time I checked there wasn't one, and I can't start one because I reserved through a group tour and don't have my own reservation number (I'm learning a lot about group cruises this year since I've booked on 2!) The group number didn't work when I tried it.

I have plenty of time to plan my excursions since the cruise isn't until October. I want to do some hiking in Antigua, so I've sent an e-mail to a hiker, and hopefully he can help me with an island tour after the hike. If not, hopefully I can convince my travel companions to rent a car so we can tour on our own, but I'd prefer to meet some locals, and that's hard to do when you rent a car!

Yes, when you rent a car and travel on your own it is hard to meet people and experience the "real" places. We stay on some islands and that's when you can really experience the people and cultures. But the island is beautiful and we plan to visit someday for more than a day.

What other islands are you visiting?

After comparing Lawrence's Tours with Voyages Antigua Tours we chose to go with Voyages. The tours were very similar but Voyages price included the admission to the dockyard. Shirley Heights, beverages, a rum punch at the dockyard, and a large container of fresh local fruit. We ended up on the tour by ourselves and as weren't to interested in spending a couple of hours at the beach we requested and received more touring time. We were very pleased with Voyages. Just by the by, the first tour guide we encountered when got of the the ship was Lawrence and when we asked where we might find Voyages he pretended that he had no idea who they were.......really.:mad:

Glad you had a good visit to Antigua. Your "by the by" comment is a strange one to note here since it doesn't addd any value to this thread other than to discredit Lawrence based on a casual "meeting". How did you approach him? Didn't you have a predetermined meeting place identified anyway???

I have been researching Antigua and who would provide the best tour. Gordon or Lawrence? Both are very similar. Today, I came across a company called Tropical Adventures. From the photos I see on their website it looks like the same company that is providing some of the excursion for Carnival only their excursions are 6 hrs instead of some of the 3hrs (ex. 4x4 Island Jeep Adventure). Their prices are higher but again you're out for 6 hrs. From what I've read on Antigua's website it sounds like the rainforest is a drive through. There is no hiking guide tour.

I booked Tropical Adventures for my cruise in April. My family enjoys the open air safari style trucks and this was one of the only companies that I could find like that. I also liked that each truck only holds 8 people. It's expensive but I feel this is what works best for my family. Any comments regarding this company?

Archived