Can you attend dinner twice?

lritch426

I must admit to eating early and then again late, but that was lobster night.

-Monte

some of my cruising photos:

http://community.webshots.com/user/m1bisson

A bad day cruising is better than a good day at work.

The worst cruise I ever took was pretty damned good.

Platinum with RCI, a couple cruises with NCL and 1 with CCL

Clock remove but cruise in Dec

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by YacFamily:

By the way, in the oriental resto, if you tell them you want sushi a la carte, there is no cover charge. And, the sushi is UNBELIEVABLE, stop to chat with the chefs, let them know what you REALLY liked. When you go back, WOW.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They didn't say the sushi was free...but a la carte pricing not cover charge...

Emi

NCL Star-08/31/03 in Hawaii!

NCL Star-11/13/04 to Mexico!

Alaska summer 2005!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mbisson:

I must admit to eating early and then again late, but that was lobster night.

Your pictures are great. We are going in June and looking at your pictures make me wish it was tomorrow. Thanks for sharing

-Monte

some of my cruising photos:

http://community.webshots.com/user/m1bisson

A bad day cruising is better than a good day at work.

The worst cruise I ever took was pretty damned good.

Platinum with RCI, a couple cruises with NCL and 1 with CCL

Clock remove but cruise in Dec<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clarification on the Bamboo and sushi :

Yes there is a cover charge if you want their regular menu items. If you are only ordering the sushi a la carte there is no cover charge but you do pay for what you order. However, the prices per roll are ridiculously low. About $2 -$4 for what you would normally pay 2-4 times the price. Plus they are stuffed with all the goodies, I mean stuffed, about 1/3 the amount of rice you usually see. Crab full to the gills ( sic ), California rolls are gigantic, Tempura shrimp rolls A+++. Quality of tuna, salmon, eel,.... you name it, excellent. If anyone had a significantly different experience, we'd like to hear. Different chefs do prepare different ways.

Almost forgot, the vegetarian rolls were the best we have ever had ( compared to Miami, NYC, San Fran., Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, ... ).

Plus, with a thank you to the chefs, they gave us off the conveyor presentation, a surprise take out box free for " midnight snack " !

Life is too short to drink cheap wine, viva la ZD !

Hello Everyone,

Ok, now I am very confused about something, and hope someone can help me. In the restaurants where you pay a cover charge, do you pay again for the food you order from the menu. If you pay for what you order then why are you paying a cover charge? Seems to me you would be better off eating in the main dining room. My friends and I are sailing on the Star 6/13/04.

How bad could the food be in the main DR, every cruise I have been on the food was great. This will be my first experience with Freestyle.

Julie

Juliebug

Okay, I understand now, I think. Thanks. A la carte = no cover charge, but you pay for what you order. Now as to the other restaurants that have a cover charge, that is the only cost, right? And then there are the totally free restaurants, e.g., two main dining rooms, tapas bar, buffet, and the spa stuff. Do I now have this right?

Cindy

Sun to Alaska!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;5;9;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

02/03 ~~ Holiday

07/03 ~~ Conquest

Hopefully I can help. There are three main restuarants that have no charge and no reservations necessary(Venetian, Aqua and Impressions). There are two resturants that have no cover charge but require reservations. Salsa and the Italian one(on the same deck as the buffet). These last two don't have speciality items that cost extra. At the Bistro and Cagneys you must have reservations and pay a cover charge. You can also order speciality items that cost extra or order from an all inclusive menu. At Bamboo is covered above. The Tampini room I am not sure of.

There is also the buffet, the Blue Lagoon(open 24 hour grill) and some of the bars that have food at various times! i.e the Pub has pot pies at lunch and fish and chips in the afternoon! The buffet, Blue lagoon and the food in the bars is free.

I hope this helps to unconfuse you! Its a lot of choices.

as to extras I was offered a third portion of lobster tails which I turned down(it was two tails per order)

Originally posted by YacFamily:

Clarification on the Bamboo and sushi :

Yes there is a cover charge if you want their regular menu items. If you are only ordering the sushi a la carte there is no cover charge but you do pay for what you order. However, the prices per roll are ridiculously low. About $2 -$4 for what you would normally pay 2-4 times the price. Plus they are stuffed with all the goodies, I mean stuffed, about 1/3 the amount of rice you usually see. Crab full to the gills ( sic ), California rolls are gigantic, Tempura shrimp rolls A+++. Quality of tuna, salmon, eel,.... you name it, excellent. If anyone had a significantly different experience, we'd like to hear. Different chefs do prepare different ways.

On the December 14 sailing, the sushis were not very good (my humble opinion). Everything else on the ship was good to excellent. Probably a matter of chef or taste. (I don't say that to complaint, just to express my opinion).

NCL Dawn, December 2003

I don't remember seeing a specfic ship named here. In February aboard the Sea, the Sushi was in fact free. I believe they offered it two nights, it was in a lounge rather than a main dining room. The offerings were very outstanding and the presentation equally as good. I would have eaten more, but I had just come from supper!!!!!

NCL Leeward 9/97
Carnival Celebration 1/99
NCL Sea 2/00
NCL Sea 12/00
Grand Princess 9/01
NCL Norway 4/02
RCCL Rhapsody 8/02
NCL Norway 2/03
RCCL Rhapsody 8/03
NCL Sea 2/04
RCCL Grandeur 1/05

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2005;1;3;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Water water everywhere, yippie!!!</BR>

Archived