Boarding group number ?

tinkmom

I've never cruised Carnival before, and we have a last-minute trip planned next month on the Legend, so I'm scrambling to figure out what we're doing!

My question is about boarding. My son and I will be in Tampa the day before, while my husband is flying in that morning. I don't know if it would be better for my son and myself to get to the port very early or if we should all arrive together.

Do you get a boarding group number in an initial line at the port? Do you immediately check in or can 2 of us get the group number, and then check in when DH arrives?

Worst case scenerio, can my son and myself check in and board without the 3rd member of the party? (I fully expect DH to make the cruise, but in case he is delayed I'd really rather board and eat lunch if he's late, rather than sit outside for hours!)

Thanks for helping me figure this out. :)

If all your Sign and Sail cards are on the same credit card I think you'll all need to be with the card to check in. You'll get your zone number at the end of the check in line, right before you go to the desk to actually be checked in. Hope that's clear, it's Friday night and my brain is fried! 2nd graders the week before Halloween :eek::eek::eek:

Sorry, but I'm totally confused. How would all of our Sign and Sail cards be on the same credit card? Through some sort of online pre check-in?

On one of our Disney cruises they let the rest of the family check in, then DH just had to stop by personally to show his ID and get his room key. Not an option with Carnival? (It may no longer be an option with Disney, since that was about 5 years ago . . . )

Thanks for the help!

When you check in at the port in Tampa, you'll go through the line and get your sign and sail cards. At that time, you'll be given a number to board the ship when it has cleared customs. The wedding parties will board first, then VIP's, then the group numbers.

I've sailed out of Tampa 3 times. I've always arrived about 11 a.m. Usually, I'm on the ship by 11:30 or 12.

Sorry, but I'm totally confused. How would all of our Sign and Sail cards be on the same credit card? Through some sort of online pre check-in?

On one of our Disney cruises they let the rest of the family check in, then DH just had to stop by personally to show his ID and get his room key. Not an option with Carnival? (It may no longer be an option with Disney, since that was about 5 years ago . . . )

Thanks for the help!

When you fill out your boarding pass (used to be called a 'fun pass') online you give the last 4 digits of your credit card number. This card will be scanned at check-in. That card is where your charges wind up. I'm sure they wouldn't stop you from boarding without the card, but it most likely will hold up the line a bit for them to change the method of charging for your S&S cards. If you want them all to be on the same credit card, you would have to go to guest services once your dh boards and have it changed.

We can put them on the same or on different cards. The issue is if/how my son and I, arriving earlier, can either get an earlier boarding group number (and wait for DH) or actually board without him, without it causing him major hassles when he checks in and boards.

:)

We can put them on the same or on different cards. The issue is if/how my son and I, arriving earlier, can either get an earlier boarding group number (and wait for DH) or actually board without him, without it causing him major hassles when he checks in and boards.

:)

the issue IS with checking in-- if you are ALL using the same card-- it could be a big hassle since one of you isnt there.

How much later will he be arriving to when you arrive at check in.

If oyu arrive around 11am- you will be onboard by noon. Just tell the check in people that you will be paying cash when you board.

When your husband checks in- he either tells them he is placing cash or use his credit card to secure the account. He can add you to his account when he gets onboard.

(it really depends on when he is arriving vs when you arrive?

Minutes?? yes he should be able to find you once he checks in.

You and son check in (and go onboard, depending on arrival time) when you get there.

Hubby can check in when he gets to port. Make sure he has a copy of his FunPass and his ID.

For his S&S card he can either use a credit card or set it up with cash.

If he has a different CC than the one on record he has to fill out a short form. For cash it is set up either at checkin or onboard, depending on the port. Once onboard Guest Services rearrange payments. This can be done at anytime

Thanks so much for the info. No, I have not done online check-in -- not even sure how far out I can do that.

I am normally one of those folks who plans many months in advance. This trip just came together, and I am scrambling to get ready when I usually have plenty of time to get all the info. (My job is crazy busy right now, which cramps my personal life planning! :cool:) We've cruised many times with Disney, and I'm very familiar with how their system works, but I'm not making any assumptions about similarities with Carnival.

Really looking forward to this trip, even though I'm nervous at not having an extensive background knowledge of each and every detail! (I can be spontaneous, I can!)

Archived