Bon Voyage

younglk

Can someone please explain what Bon Voyage is? Do you order this prior to leaving home? Do they sell other alcohol other than wine and beer? This is my first cruise and I board the ship in miami is there a place to purchase wine? I fly into miami does anyone know if there is a place that I can buy alcohol in the miami airport once landing?

Can someone please explain what Bon Voyage is? Do you order this prior to leaving home? Do they sell other alcohol other than wine and beer? This is my first cruise and I board the ship in miami is there a place to purchase wine? I fly into miami does anyone know if there is a place that I can buy alcohol in the miami airport once landing?

Don't know about buying alcohol once landed at MIA. If you overnight at a hotel, you might just ask where the closest drug store is and get some wine there. There are some decent choices at our big American Drug store chains.

I recently ordered from Bon Voyage. I called before the departure and asked what they had. You can virtually purchase anything that is offered on the ship and have it in your room as you board except for the liquor that would be delivered after you enter international waters and the wine package of your choice delivery of this was only available in the dining room until I spoke to the bar manager who had the bottles delivered to our room. I ordered water, the wine package and a bottle of Glenmorangie. The hard liquor selection is rather limited. Here is a link of the liquor available: http://www.zydecocruiser.com/menus/bv_liquor.htm

The advantage to ordering the wine package and the water, sodas through BV is that you don't pay the 15% gratuity as you would while on board. The Carnival rep from BV will email you the wine package selection so you can make a choice while talking to them.

Have fun on your cruise!

You can buy wine downtown, which is near the port. I would assume you would play it safe and not fly in the day of the cruise. Stay near Bayside for instance and walk to a store to buy your carry on wine.

Bon Voyage is if you want a bottle of hard booze in your cabin waiting for you. (or other things you can preorder)

You can order hard liquor from Bon Voyage that is not posted on the lists floating around here on CC. DH likes Manhattan's so I asked about Vermouth and I like Kahlua, they had both available when I asked so we are all set for our next cruise! I've never seen either of those items on any of the lists out there. Just call and ask. Happy cruising!

Bon Voyage 800-522-7648 ~You have to call to order~not available Online! Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST

They may have other choices, so if you don’t see something you like, ASK

Most bottles are 1 liter in size. Prices may vary & do not include tax.

If you want a receipt you need to ask them to email you one.

__________________________________________________ __

Rums:

Gosling‘s Black Seal, Appleton Estate VX, Appleton White, Bacardi, Bacardi Limon $40.

Capt Morgan Spiced, Malibu $55

Vodkas:

Absolute, Absolute Citron, Stolichnaya, Skyy, Finlandia $40

Grey Goose, Three Olives, Kettle One $60

Gin:

Beefeater, Sloe Gin $40

Bombay Sapphire $55

Tanqueray $55

Whiskeys:

Canadian Club, Seagram’s 7 $38

Crown Royal $55

Jamison $55

Scotch:

Dewar’s White Label, Chivas Regal $60

Johnny Walker Black $70

Glenmorangie (single malt) $70

Bourbon:

Jim Beam $38

Jack Daniels Black $55

Maker’s Mark $60

Tequila:

Margaritaville Gold $40

1800 Resposado $ 55

Salza, Hornitas, Reposado $60

Patron Silver $70

After Dinner:

Frangelico, Amaretto Di Saronno, Brogans Irish Cream $45

Southern Comfort, Kahula, Galliano $55

Grand Marnier, Chambord, Limoncello, Jagermeister $60

Baileys $65

Brandy

Apricot, Blackberry, and Cherry $40

Courvoisier VSOP $55

Peach Schnapps $40

Smirnoff Ice - Citrus $5.75

Beer: Beer is sold as singles. The prices do not differ for a case. Not sure if they offer all types that they have in the bars, so ask what else they have.

Bud/Bud Light 16 ounce $5.75

Bud Light Lime 16oz $6.25

Miller Lite 16oz $5.75

Coors Light 16oz $5.75

Heinekin 12 oz bottle $4.95

Amstel Reg/Lite - $4.95

Michelob Ultra 16oz $5.75

Corona – 12 oz bottle - $4.95

Fosters – Large 750ML $6.75

Red Bull Reg/Sugar Free $4.75 (8.3 oz)

Mixers (soda’s/juices) are the same price as the bar. $1.95 for a can of soda and $1.75 for juice, plus gratuity. Fresh Lemon and lime can be ordered from Room Service

My first cruise in 2009 I ordered 12 Coors lights and a bottle of Malibu Rum. The beers were in my room when we arrived the rum NEVER showed up. I asked and asked and asked. Finally 4 days AFTER the cruise I received a credit on my credit card for it. So much for enjoying my drink on my balcony.:(

I have ordered liquor for all of our cruises, and have never had a problem with them delivering to our cabin. Since we normally sail out of Galveston; due to Texas laws, we have to be in international waters before they will deliver.

You can order hard liquor from Bon Voyage that is not posted on the lists floating around here on CC. DH likes Manhattan's so I asked about Vermouth and I like Kahlua, they had both available when I asked so we are all set for our next cruise! I've never seen either of those items on any of the lists out there. Just call and ask. Happy cruising!

Good to know! I love Manhattans too ;)

Archived