Distance from Bacelona cruise port to airport

PSU

Would I be able to make a 10:45 a.m. flight from Barcelona airport to PHL after disembarking from the Nautica on May 24?

I have never traveled on Oceania before and I would like to make this direct flight.

I have only experienced Royal Caribbean.

What are your experiences with Barcelona? I understand that it is only 15 or 20 minutes by cab to the airport.

Thanks so much.

The taxi queue in Barcelona moves rather quickly, however......

I think trying to be at the airport by 8:30 for a 10:45 flight may be more than a bit nerve wracking. The ship clearing customs is out of anyone's control, but if you were able to sign up for early self disembarkation and be off the ship by 7:45 at the latest.....you may have a chance. The cab ride is 30-40 minutes and also dependent on traffic at that time of day.

I typically plan a 1:00 or later return flight if leaving the same day. However, I have almost always stayed one night inBarcelona as it's a fantastic city.

Would I be able to make a 10:45 a.m. flight from Barcelona airport to PHL after disembarking from the Nautica on May 24?

I have never traveled on Oceania before and I would like to make this direct flight.

I have only experienced Royal Caribbean.

What are your experiences with Barcelona? I understand that it is only 15 or 20 minutes by cab to the airport.

Thanks so much.

I would check your itinerary and see what time you arrive in Barcelona. I seem to recall that we arrived at 5:00 A.M. and some passengers disembarked quite early. Check w/ O and see what time they think you would be able to disembark. I live in the suburbs of Phila. and i know there is only one non-stop per day.

I agree w/mringenoldus...if you have never been in Barcelona before, if you can, you should stay there at least for a day. We stayed three days after our cruise , and could not see nearly all we wanted to.

Thank you for all your suggestions. There is only one direct flight per day from Barcelona to PHL. We are thinking of staying at one least one or two days after the cruise.

mringenoldus

Yes, we enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Jazz. A taxi from the port to the hotel was 20 Euro for 2. Since the rooms will not be ready until mid-afternoon, the hotel will hold your luggage while you do some touring.

The hotel is near the top of the Ramblas, a shopping street as well as two blocks from a major stop for the HOHO bus system. Recommend that you buy a 2 day pass for the bus which has 3 different loops of the city. There is also a subway station near the hotel for easy access to other parts of the city.

The hotel will arrange a taxi to get you to the airport.

Don

Thank you for all your suggestions. There is only one direct flight per day from Barcelona to PHL. We are thinking of staying at one least one or two days after the cruise.

We live in Phila. and have done that flight many times. Your idea to saty a day or two extra is a very good one. The Barcelona airport can be a hassle

unless you fly business class....

Archived