QV 28th Feb 2012

Emjoy

Hello!

I am not on your cruise... But have been to both cities...

Are you planning to hire a car when you are in LA? Unless you are staying in one of the more coastal beach places in LA, getting around by public transport can be a bit of a nightmare in LA. I never realised how spread out and sprawling the city was and found it rather quite difficult to get around. I would recommend hiring a car if you want to go and see anything. Santa Monica is a nice area. You have the Third Street Promenade, the beach area, the pier and some nice shopping bits. YOu of course have the usual Disney attractions, but depending on how long you are there, may be a bit much to see.

As for Las Vegas... Well, that is a spectacle in its self. Again, depending how long you are there, "The Strip" on its own may be more than enough. One thing though... You HAVE to go and have Brunch at the Wynn Hotel. I don't think they advertise it any more, but for something like $30 a head for a "Buffet", it is unlike any buffet I have ever seen in the world. There is almost everything you could ever imagine, set in an amazing hotel... Really quite outstanding.

You could, of course, if you have the time, take a helicopter tour out to the Grand Canyon...!

T5

Thanks TS the Wynn hotels sounds good, we will go if we have time.

Yes LA wiyh us having three nights there we may hire a car

e&J:)

Have you looked at where you are going to stay in Los Angeles? Don't stay in the 'Business District" as it is exactly that... Nothing to do. Look at coastal if you can.

Are you flying into LAX or LAS? How are you getting between the two?

emlynhughes 1

There is a roll call for this cruise on the roll call page, please come over and join us.

Some of the passengers are staying at the QM.

I am staying ata hotel in San Pedro, and using a private car hire from LAX to the hotel, a personal choice, others are using the airport shuttle. The ship sails from San Pedro

There is also a thread on the "West Coast departures/arrivals" section of main site. You may find the information you are seeking there. I found one thread very helpful to my needs.

The cruise should be most enjoyable.

Regards

Lynn

p.s. With a name like "emlynhughes" there has to be a Welsh connection ?

Hi

Any one booked on the QV on 28th Feb 2011. If so are you staying in Las Vagas and Los Angeles before the cruise, Do you know any things to see in both places :)

E & J

Hi

We are going on this cruise, please join our roll call. I was in Chester just a few weeks ago:)

There are a lot of Brits it seems, there are some excellent price bargains at the moment.

Julie

We'll be getting off the day you all get on... :)

One thing to consider for the night before boarding the QV is to stay aboard the Queen Mary in Long Beach. There's a free city bus that runs from the Queen Mary to anumber of harbor restaurants in downtown Long Beach. It's about a $25 cab ride from QM to San Pedro.

It's a nice way to get into the mood (but your room on Queen Mary is likely to be larger than your stateroom on Queen Victoria!).

emlynhughes 1

There is a roll call for this cruise on the roll call page, please come over and join us.

Some of the passengers are staying at the QM.

I am staying ata hotel in San Pedro, and using a private car hire from LAX to the hotel, a personal choice, others are using the airport shuttle. The ship sails from San Pedro

There is also a thread on the "West Coast departures/arrivals" section of main site. You may find the information you are seeking there. I found one thread very helpful to my needs.

The cruise should be most enjoyable.

Regards

Lynn

p.s. With a name like "emlynhughes" there has to be a Welsh connection ?

Hi Lynne

dont know yet which hotel except that it is a Crowne Plaza.

Yes lived in Wales all my life, yet only just - we are only 6 miles from the english boarder town of Chester.

Yes I have posted a message on roll call and requested our names to be entered if that is the correct way of doing it. Yes hope to see you all on the best ship in the world

Joyce and Emlyn

Hi

We are going on this cruise, please join our roll call. I was in Chester just a few weeks ago:)

There are a lot of Brits it seems, there are some excellent price bargains at the moment.

Julie

Hi Julie

I think we have now joined the roll call We hope we have.

The bargains have been great for this cruise come holiday

Next time in Chester let us know

Joyce and Emlyn

I am also booked into the Crowne Plaza, small world indeed!

I was born in l926 in Newtown, Mountain Ash , in what was Glamorgan.

Newtown was typical 2 streets of miners houses, and my father was "black listed" at all the mines, so you can guess the poverty.

That I would one day, travel the world, cruise over 50 voyages, and live in Florida would have been thought a mad dream.

Look forward to meeting you .

Lynn

Archived