quick question on drinks and 15% tip

Linda2433

Just wondering when you order drinks at the bar and they add a tip on if you have to sign something, give them your card? Do you actually see the price you are being charged in case you want to kind of keep track of your spending? Thanks for any info.

When making any purchase while on the ship you use your issued cruise card to make purchases. You will sign the receipt and keep a copy for yourself so that you can compare your charges to the final cruise bill that you will receive the night before the end of the cruise. Any disputed charges need to be brought to the attention of the Purser's. You will then have the option to pay the bill at the Purser's Desk or let the cruise line charge your pre-approved credit card. Just remember that the daily $10 per person tip will be applied to the final bill unless you have opted not to have the automatic tipping.

They overcharged us $3 once for one drink. It was daily special, but they charged us regular price even though the receipt indicated the lower price. Not a lot of money, but I still wanted to straighten it out. Except it was one receipt DH didn't remember to keep (this was on Princess Cays). The Purser had to dig through all the receipts they had on Princess Cays and find the one which belonged to us. After over 30 minutes of waiting, it was probably not worth the $3 cash they paid me.

Moral of the story: Always check your receipts before you sign and keep all your receipts. It'll save you time and patience if a discrepancy comes up.

While on Carnival last year, we were charged for drinks twice within minutes of each order in two separate bars. We noticed this on the last night while checking our charges on the TV screen. When we went to the Pursers desk to dispute them, I asked to see the signed copies. Of course they only had the ONE signed copy from each bar and had to credit us. I think the bar tenders think it's an easy charge (and extra tip for them) because most people don't check the charges and order many drinks while in one bar; it would be hard to keep up with.

I understand that Princess doesn't give you the ability to check your charges daily, so keep those receipts!

I understand that Princess doesn't give you the ability to check your charges daily, so keep those receipts!

No, you cannot check charges on TV, but you can request a print out from the pursers desk at any time and double check. Always a good idea to hang onto the receipts - but so far I've never found a mistake.

Archived