Is there Transportation from the barbados port to Harrison Caves?

Ivy86

"Does anyone know if the caves are accessible by public bus?"

Yes, they are.

#4 will take you there from the Princess Alice Bus terminal fairly near the cruise dock (20 minute + walk?). Cost: US$1.00 each way.

It runs every 30-60 minutes weekdays but the weekend schedule is limited as I remember.

It could easily take you one hour + to get there and perhaps double that to get back depending on if the end of the tour matches the bus schedule.

You could always bus up to Harrison's and cab back.

The bus system in Barbados is very good, but it's not like you're used to at home.

I caution visitors to only take the bus if you have a very short-list of attractions and they are all on the west coast, otherwise be prepared to burn a valuable chunk of your island time.

Best Wishes to you! :)

Do you know much a taxi would be for 2 people each way?

I seldom cab anymore, but I would expect Harrison's from Deep Water Harbour would be about US$25-30 per cab one way. This would be for up to four (4) in the cab.

In 2011, I seriously doubt that you would find these rates inside the compound (cruise terminal after you exit all of the duty-free shops), but you will find them outside on princess Alice Hwy or Fontabelle. The cabbies inside the compound are...'union' and even though the published cab fare is US$25/hr for a full cab, they charge (and get) whatever they want. They give the island a bad name.

So, walk out on the street and get a few quotes. You'll get your US$25 charge for two very shortly. :)

Archived