To upgrade or not?

Hi all, my wife, 6 year old son and I will be on A 14 night cruise aboard the Dream next march around the caribbean and today we received A call from Thomson asking if we would like to upgrade from an inside cabin to an outside plus on deck 7 for an extra £364.

Is it worth the cost??

Thanks' in advance.

I depends on whether you want a window or not but one thing I WOULD do is spend the £39? and book a specific cabin number. If you do this you can hopefully avoid the noisier areas of the ship at the back near the engines.

Look at the Dream deck plans and choose a cabin at the middle of the ship or further forward. On Dream the inside cabins are in blocks and I would choose one of the most forward 2 or 3.

That big white rectangle toward the back of the ship is the engine exhaust uptake trunking and the engines are directly below!.

This applies to outside cabins as well.

You can get some noise in forward cabins when the ship is entering port as the bow thrusters are noisy but I would imagine your 6 year old will have been up for hours by then :D

Archived