Zip lining - leaving child onboard

aunursa

While I do see your point and agree with the premise of your post' date=' I do think a child going to foster care or being left at daycare/preschool versus being left on a cruise ship is a very different situation. Yes my children are used to having other people take care of them, but not in a foreign country, on a cruise ship, 4000 miles from home and anyone who might know them. In the situation where DH and I were hurt and had to stay on shore, my children would be alone on a cruise ship for goodness knows how long, expected to somehow install their own car seat and booster, make it to the airport and fly 4 hours home. The best case scenario would be for my parents to fly to either a port of call or the city of disembarkation and meet the kids. Logistically this wouldn't be easy to arrange, we travel over Christmas/New Years when flights are a premium and weather can be a huge issue. This is why they are not left alone on a cruise ship! IMHO this situation is preventable.

To the OP, I do think your idea of doing a zipline closer to the ship or having your daughter come along as an observer are two very viable options.[/quote']

Ok - not to make light of your concerns (really that part I understand) BUT my children would be alone on a cruise ship for goodness knows how long, expected to somehow install their own car seat and booster, make it to the airport and fly 4 hours home. Are you kidding? LOL. First we know how long they would at the maximum be on the ship - until the end of the cruise. Although that time is unlikely because the cruise line would figure something out to reunite the family as quickly as possible. I'm sure it would be a priority of theirs to get small children taken care of. If your children are using car seats and boosters, your reference to them installing them themselves is hysterical. Are they going to rent and drive the car themselves too? Check themselves in at the airport dragging their own luggage? That is just a silly comment.

Ok - not to make light of your concerns (really that part I understand) BUT my children would be alone on a cruise ship for goodness knows how long, expected to somehow install their own car seat and booster, make it to the airport and fly 4 hours home. Are you kidding? LOL. First we know how long they would at the maximum be on the ship - until the end of the cruise. Although that time is unlikely because the cruise line would figure something out to reunite the family as quickly as possible. I'm sure it would be a priority of theirs to get small children taken care of. If your children are using car seats and boosters, your reference to them installing them themselves is hysterical. Are they going to rent and drive the car themselves too? Check themselves in at the airport dragging their own luggage? That is just a silly comment.

Yes I exaggerated, but the point is that you don't know what will happen in this situation until it happens. Are people who know my children available to drop everything and come to a cruise port to get them? Maybe, maybe not. What if the cruise is over and there's still no one at the port to get them...what then? Are my boys going to be hysterical when accompanied by some stranger from the kids club they've known for 4 days when their parents are missing/hurt/dead? Highly likely. That's the point of my post, you just happened to pull one comment out of context.

Let's just leave it at this isn't something I would consider doing.

Archived