Driving Thru MS to NOLA... Jackson ??

Normal 1

Greetings...I will be traveling on 55 South through MS to NOLA. Will be a long day on the road... Trying to plan out stops, etc. Noticed a restaurant in Jackson MS called Broad Street Bakery just south of Northside Dr. Does anyone know of this place or the area? Never been to either MS or NOLA....

Want something quick, good and reasonable. Like to try new places. If this place is a 'dive'...anyone have suggestions?

Thanks for the input.

• 2 weeks later...

This restaurant was on Food Network's The Best Thing I Ever Ate. It was Cat Cora's pick for the best sliced food. They serve pita wraps and greek salads, etc. They are a very popular restaurant, having been in business 30 plus years. They are just a mile or so from an interstate exit.

However, Broad Street is also popular and is right on the Interstate frontage road.

sibylcoe - Thanks for the input. I looked at their site and looks like some great choices (today's soup was cream of asparagus...YUM!!!) Their site shows their only open for lunch.... We'll be passing through about 7:00 p.m.!!

Maybe the time will work on the return drive!!

Archived