I'm a HAPPY CAMPER!!

cruise_pirate

OK with all the compaining about Cruising costing us a whole $1.50 more a day has gotten me thinking...

1. How lucky am I? My Wife and I have been blessed! We can afford to go on cruises!! So many people cannot afford to go..

2. A dollar and fifty cents in the long run (well probably not) will help me fight weight gain cause I am going to have to give up one soda a day for each day we cruise.. Darn Looks like I stand to miss a 12 pack in the upcoming year..

3. I know how hard the people on the ships work, They are missing their families to put food on their table. I will be doing my part to help these people out and know exactly where that money is going unlike alot of charities out there.

4. And finally, I cannot get service like I do anywhere on land for $11.50 a day!!:)

No kidding. Why do we keep going back? Because nowhere can you get such wonderful service anywhere else. They deserve a raise

I am a Mom of three teenage boys and have a loving husband. I work out of our home and take care of mostly EVERYTHING within the home. When I think vacation, I think cruising. I get the treat of a lifetime having someone wait on me, clean up after my family, make our beds, clean the bathrooms, vacuum the room....and the very best is when the waiter in the dining room puts my napkin in my lap. I melt everytime. I don't even think about the tipping, I cannot wait to tell them how great a job they have done and how much I appreciate it that they have made my vacation so special. I always give them more anyways. Afterall, I just spent a few thousand dollars to go on this vacation with my family, what a measily 11.50 a day more.

OK with all the compaining about Cruising costing us a whole $1.50 more a day has gotten me thinking...

1. How lucky am I? My Wife and I have been blessed! We can afford to go on cruises!! So many people cannot afford to go..

2. A dollar and fifty cents in the long run (well probably not) will help me fight weight gain cause I am going to have to give up one soda a day for each day we cruise.. Darn Looks like I stand to miss a 12 pack in the upcoming year..

3. I know how hard the people on the ships work, They are missing their families to put food on their table. I will be doing my part to help these people out and know exactly where that money is going unlike alot of charities out there.

4. And finally, I cannot get service like I do anywhere on land for $11.50 a day!!:)

Thank you for expressing how I feel! the increase isn't breaking my bank, thank goodness my husband and I work hard all year to enjoy our vacation and get pampered. Heck, a Starbucks is almost 5 bucks. Don't hear much complaining about that! It's a cup of coffee!!!

Great Post!!! I Agree!

Awesome post, and I so agree!!!!!

DITTO!

I just wish the increase was going to the waiters and room stewards whom I usually tip extra anyway. Never tipped for entertainment (except a dollar in the jar for the piano player) LOL

Thank you for expressing this so wonderfully! Other threads keep talking about this being a 15% increase BUT they aren't taking into consideration that the entire $1.50 per day isn't going to one person. It is still being split between numerous staff.

I will gladly pay the extra $1.50 per day per person for the excellent service we have always received!

Nice post!

Hate to sound condescending, but if the $1.50 a day determines whether or not you cruise... maybe you shouldn't cruise!! Jus'Sayin'!!

Thank you, OP, for starting this thread. I've been away from CC all day and just checked in.

I can't believe the number of crybabies and downright ungrateful whiners going on and on and on about that $1.50. :rolleyes:

It's not like they took away shrimp cocktail or anything... :eek: :D

At the risk of being flamed, I don't want to pay an extra buck-fifty. I am sick of paying for the sleaze bags who deduct their tips.

Put the current $10 in as part of the cruise fees. I understand that with no tippers and low tippers the average tip P.P.

is less then 7$'s. (I understand many add to std tips with extra cash tips).

Worried an increase in suggested gratuity will lead to more slimmers removing tips.

What then? Increase it to 15$. Crap.:mad: It is self defeating.

This is part of the Carnival attitude that doesn't want to alienate anyone including jerks!

Towel hogs? On no don't want to remove their towels.

Excess drinkers? Good for revenue.

Wild kids? Don't cause trouble with their parents.

Well in the end they will alienate non-jerks. So yes, I have a problem with the extra $1.50 (which I will pay).

I will never complain about someone who works hard for their money getting any kind of raise. Never.

Also I cant complain about what will be a $15 increase when my husband and I cruise in February when the price of my cruise went down $200!!!!:)

Wow! Get out of my head. My thoughts exactly. What is a $1.50? People spend more on lottery tickets and pop every day.

And they really don't have to pay the increase if they don't want to. You can easily go to the service desk and lower the tips to $10.00 again.

100% agree with you!

Should they have given more notice? Probably. Can we do anything about it? NOPE!

$1.50 wont stop me from booking my next cruise!

Archived