Another guarantee question

cruizn2escape

It depends how you booked the cruise. If you did it on-line without human interface then you are probably on your own and need to check on-line the week before the cruise. If you booked through a TA or through a HAL personal cruise consultant (PCC) then I would think they should notify you when the cabin assignment is made. I use the HAL PCC and he e-mailed me when the cabin was assigned on my last cruise.

It seems to be hit or miss. We've done 8 guarantees and have twice received emails. At least once that I know of our TA received an email, but by the time he called me I had already known the assignment by checking the OnLine CheckIn page. I suggest you check regularly, but you may get an email sometime after it shows up on line.

While the majority of people on these boards report receiving their cabin assignments for guarantees ~10 days before sailing, other people find out at the pier or immediately after booking. I'm 33 days out from the first cruise we've ever booked a guarantee on, and check every morning for a cabin assignment. I may be a bit obsessed. My DW has resigned herself to finding out at the pier and earlier is just a bonus. To date, no cabin assignment, so I'll check again tomorrow. As long as you've registered on the HAL website and associated your cruise with your username, it's a few clicks anytime you want to check.

We are sailing on a b2b on 11/20 and received notification via email today. I booked a VE and we ended up with a VA7023. This cabin looks very near the bow. Is this considered a good cabin? Love to hear what you seasoned cruisers think!
We like cabins in that neighborhood ... except that it's a long walk from the "food end" of the ship. But maybe that's a good thing too! :) It definitely has a much better balcony than the VE, but possibly not as good if you're prone to sea sickness.

I booked through a travel agency, but it was HAL that sent me an e-mail notifying us of the room assignment--after my sister saw the assignment on their website. As has already been stated, you can check periodically online starting about ten days before the sailing date to see if your assignment has been made.

Archived