BookCrossing/A Chronicle of Enchantment of the Seas

HTML5

I learned about BookCrossing here on CC, so on my recent cruise I decided to leave an open journal in the library of Enchantment of the Seas.

I'm hoping passengers and crew of EOS will add entries and that eventually I'll get it back. Chances are I'll never see it again, but that's ok. I was just keen to try the idea.

I also left a couple of other books in the library, including one by J.K. Rowling.

Look for RandomKoolzip (that's me) on BookCrossing.

Happy Cruising! :)

JournalCover_Flat.jpg.786244f03acfdb7af683ed39dfb972b4.jpg

Interesting I am going to look for 'Bookcrossing' books on my next cruise. Do I just look for them in the ships library??

BookCrossing books can be released anywhere. I thought the library would be a good place for Enchantment.

I just released "A Book of Pagan Rituals" at a local Starbucks on All Saints Day. :eek:

Thank you for mentioning BookCrossing, HTML5! DH & I always like to leave a handful of books on the passenger exchange shelf in a ship's library. It's exciting because cruise passengers come from all over, so our books could travel literally anywhere in the world. And on days when I'm really bummed out not to be aboard a ship, I can think, Well, at least the books are still out there cruising.

Another good way to release them is at the Meet & Mingle parties. You can post on your Roll Call that you're planning to bring books to share, and ask your fellow passengers what genres or even authors they'd like. It can start some great conversations.

BTW, I'm JudySlump612 on BookCrossing.

I'm valentina1209 on bookcrossing.

I've left about 100 books in ship's libraries over the years. Only a few that were taken were actually journaled through the bookcrossing site so I could track them.

One that I left on Caribbean Princess (Canada/NE) was picked up by someone who left it on an RCI ship in Asia, where it was picked up by a British citizen who then left it on a Mediterranean cruise.

Our public library has a book exchange shelf where I also leave a lot of books with the bookcrossing tracking label.

So this is sort of like "Where's George" tracking of dollar bills? But with the ability to "add content" if done as a journal? Sounds interesting but if it is ship specific and people make entries on the ship then aside from ship movement it won't travel much will it? Or am I missing something?

So this is sort of like "Where's George" tracking of dollar bills? But with the ability to "add content" if done as a journal? Sounds interesting but if it is ship specific and people make entries on the ship then aside from ship movement it won't travel much will it? Or am I missing something?

It's not expected to leave the ship. But as passengers come and go on various cruises I'm hoping people will want to add an entry. It's not a slim volume so it will probably be a long time before it gets filled.

I'm waiting for someone to journal it on BookCrossing.

Thank you for mentioning BookCrossing, HTML5! DH & I always like to leave a handful of books on the passenger exchange shelf in a ship's library. It's exciting because cruise passengers come from all over, so our books could travel literally anywhere in the world. And on days when I'm really bummed out not to be aboard a ship, I can think, Well, at least the books are still out there cruising.

Another good way to release them is at the Meet & Mingle parties. You can post on your Roll Call that you're planning to bring books to share, and ask your fellow passengers what genres or even authors they'd like. It can start some great conversations.

BTW, I'm JudySlump612 on BookCrossing.

Judy, Thanks for the great ideas on releasing books in a cruise context. In addition to the journal, I also left a small book of Renaissance art and a book on Quidditch by J.K. Rowling. Those I hope will circulate widely.

I received a nice email from BookCrosser Bookish-Angel that she left an entry in the EOS journal along with several others. It's nice to get confirmation that the journal is still on board and people have actually written in it! :D

Thanks again, Bookish Angel!

I received a nice email from BookCrosser Bookish-Angel that she left an entry in the EOS journal along with several others. It's nice to get confirmation that the journal is still on board and people have actually written in it! :D

Thanks again, Bookish Angel!

I will be on the Enchantment in January. I will look for this book and sign it if I see it. :) I'll also be happy to let you know if it's still there (will take a picture of it and include it in my trip review when I return :) )

Archived