My husband has turned me into a gadget junkie :(

Dee777

I would just take the xoom, the ipad or the ereader they all do more or less the same and do you need three for that amount of time?

This is our checklist:

2 ipads

netbook ( for downloading photos) w/ charger

both i phones

we only bring 2 apple charges as they change everything

Ipod nano

3 cameras

10 rechargeable batters for cameras.

20 memory cards assorted sized and types.

Memory card reader for ipad

usb cord for netbook.

3 headsets apple

Ispot 4g

mifi 3g

various lens for camera.

rechargeable aa batterys for cheap camera and flash

alarm clock

power strip

tripod, monopod

video camera.

When we are gone longer than 7 days we throw in the macbook air and the accessory so he can check work stuff and or fix what they broke.

We have a backpack that we put all the gadgets in. It is a camera one with all the lenes and has places for everything. We know it will always make it. I feel like I am forgeting something

We take too many photos in Raw to just use the ipad for the pictures so we need the netbook.

WOW! We take:

2 Kindles & charger

1 iPhone & charger

1 iPad w/ camera connection

1 point-and-shoot camera

Me: techie, DH: not so much! LOL:D

I bring my cell to use as an alarm clock

Kindle for reading (and it's loaded with hundreds of books so no wifi needed)

Camera & charger

everything else gets left at home. I can do without internet, phone calls, texting & email for the week I'm on vacation.

I would just take the xoom, the ipad or the ereader they all do more or less the same and do you need three for that amount of time?

This is our checklist:

2 ipads

netbook ( for downloading photos) w/ charger

both i phones

we only bring 2 apple charges as they change everything

Ipod nano

3 cameras

10 rechargeable batters for cameras.

20 memory cards assorted sized and types.

Memory card reader for ipad

usb cord for netbook.

3 headsets apple

Ispot 4g

mifi 3g

various lens for camera.

rechargeable aa batterys for cheap camera and flash

alarm clock

power strip

tripod, monopod

video camera.

When we are gone longer than 7 days we throw in the macbook air and the accessory so he can check work stuff and or fix what they broke.

We have a backpack that we put all the gadgets in. It is a camera one with all the lenes and has places for everything. We know it will always make it. I feel like I am forgeting something

We take too many photos in Raw to just use the ipad for the pictures so we need the netbook.

WOW - do you even have time to relax? :D

My husband has a program on his computer to "rip" movies that we own. So, he puts the disk into the computer, alters it with the program and saves it in our external hard drive. I then access the HD with my laptop and transfer it onto my Xoom! I can find out the program for you when he is home from work tonight! I like to buy sets of various TV series I never have time to watch and when I am on a flight or trying to sleep at night I watch them. I also buy movies when they are on sale at Wal Mart for $5 and voila!

I am going to be buying a Tablet in the next month or so......can you make a recommendation between the Xoom and IPAd2? Mostly for online browsing and checking email

My husband and i'll be taking:

Ipad w/charger(mainly just for air travel, kept in safe during cruise)

DSLR w/charger and accessories(including many memory cards)

Point and shoot camera and charger

2 cell phones(mine will be turned off and kept in safe for duration of trip)

I pack a whole extra bag -- "The Toy Bag" -- for DH!

His laptop

His ipad

His camera

His portable ham radio

His radio antenna

His GPS

His portable wi-fi hot-spot thingy (which technically counts as "his & hers" if he shares wi-fi with me!)

His & hers cell phones

His & hers binoculars & flash lights (do these count as gadgets?)

My Samsung Galaxy tablet

Power strip

...and chargers for everything.

And may I just say how much I love my tablet??? Books, movies, TV shows, internet -- it does everything! And it's just slightly larger than a standard paperback book. Lets me down-size my packing. :D

His laptop

His ipad

His camera

His portable ham radio

His radio antenna

His GPS

His portable wi-fi hot-spot thingy (which technically counts as "his & hers" if he shares wi-fi with me!)

His & hers cell phones

My Samsung Galaxy tablet

Power strip

And may I just say how much I love my tablet??? Books, movies, TV shows, internet -- it does everything! And it's just slightly larger than a standard paperback book. Lets me down-size my packing. :D

I am thinking about getting the Samsung Galaxy, it looks like a grown up version of my phone :D I dont like the ipad at all, but my daughter does :p hmmm christmas gift :D

I am going to be buying a Tablet in the next month or so......can you make a recommendation between the Xoom and IPAd2? Mostly for online browsing and checking email

I got the Zoom, because my phone is an Android driven one. I use my Zoom mostly for emails, browsing cruise critic, facebook and games and music. I dont have any movies on it yet. I must admit I dont know it's full capability, and that is my being techincally challenged.

His laptop

His ipad

His camera

His portable ham radio

His radio antenna

His GPS

His & hers cell phones

My Samsung Galaxy tablet

Power strip

I am pretty sure the ham radio and antenna are 'forbidden' items on Carnival? Does your dh actually use them on board? or in port/on land? Has anyone ever noticed them or confiscated them?

I much prefer the Xoom. It is faster, the memory is expandable, all around better IMO for surfing the web and email etc. than the iPad. Don't get me wrong, the iPad has it's place too and I love it for gaming and entertainment. But nothing I have tried has yet to beat the Xoom for my day to day browsing and email purposes. It has FlashPlayer as well... love it!

Dee777

Ok I also have the Zoom, do you just get your movies off of Amazon? I have it but dont really know what it can do. I usually just play games on it. And advise would be greatly appreciated...

thanks!!

My husband says to tell you: Google Aimersoft and it is called a DVD ripper. You can convert your DVD movies and music to a format that will work with your Xoom or other multiple devices. and, the picture qyality is pretty good, too. I can put many movies on my Xoom and I absolutely LOVE it. He has tried other products but really seems to like that one. You can download a FREE trial version of it (which he did) to see if you like it, and he ended up purchasing it. Thought you might like to know!

Dee :)

Taking my:

EVO and charger.

Nookcolor and charger

Camera and charger

That's it. All three work on different chargers. My cellphone uses microusb my nook uses a nook specific charger (its longer. Will NOT charge with any other charger. I tried before I broke down and bought the nook car charger.) And my camera uses a standard usb charger.

I'm bringing a power strip to charge everything. My EVO only lasts like six hours.

I am pretty sure the ham radio and antenna are 'forbidden' items on Carnival? Does your dh actually use them on board? or in port/on land? Has anyone ever noticed them or confiscated them?

Not forbidden. We comply with all the regulations of our ham radio licenses. We may not actually bring it this time, so it's prob. a moot point...

Wow!

1) Our cell phones get shut off and put in the safe.

2) I bring my digital camera and iPod. I also have a GPS for geocaching in ports.

3) She brings her e-reader.

Done.

I wish I could shut mine off! But I am a first time cruiser going solo, my mom made me swear I would call her at least at both ports to let her know I didn't fall off the boat or get kidnapped by pirates!

Archived