A couple of questions about The Money Bar

spacepotatoes

Hi all! I've been searching but still have a couple of questions regarding the Money Bar in Coz that I haven't found answers to yet...

1. They have several packages on their website. DH and I were interested in "The Franc" - includes 30 min. beach massage, lunch/drink, and complimentary cocktail for $35. Given that a 30 min. massage is listed at $30 on their website, this seems almost too good to be true! Does this package actually include a full lunch? Amazing deal, if it does!

2. The biggest reason we want to go here is for the snorkelling, but I'm a bit concerned about the current. I can swim but have never actually snorkelled before. Anyone know what I can expect the water in this area to be like in January? Or is the current not that predictable?

3. Anyone ever have issues with taking a taxi to the Money Bar? In my research, I've come across some info about the taxi drivers trying to persuade people to go to other places where the drivers can get kickbacks, so was wondering if this has been an issue for anyone?

Thanks!

1. Never used there packages, I'm sure it's something new they are doing. They do have a limited menu for snorkelers who come in with dive operations. I'm sure this "plan" you are referring to will reference this limited menu. I've eaten off it before, the food is good and plenty of it.

2. Current changes hourly, when you get into the water it's the first thing you should feel for when you start swimming. Snorkeling is actually easier than swimming because most of the time your just floating. If there is a current, pick a landmark on shore, every few minutes pick your head up and reorient yourself with the landmark. If you find the current is taking you away from the Money Bar, adjust your snorkeling so that you kick against the current and work your way back.

3. Taxis are no problem in CZM. Prices will be posted on boards, confirm the price for the WHOLE party to your destination before you get in. If he offers to take you somewhere else, just tell him your meeting friends at this particular location. They get kick backs if they bring you somewhere else, you can't blame them for trying, but there not going to take you somewhere you don't want to go. :D

We bought that exact package a few years back. It was an awesome deal. The beach massage was the best ever. We had a menu to choose our lunch, yes its a full complete lunch. We sat up at the bar and had our complimentary cocktail of our choice. It is the best deal going we felt. It was very quiet, not many people.

Snorkleling was as spacepotato said. I am not a good swimmer but you don't need to be. The current was pulling us to the left, but I'd just look up kick in the right direction as you float. You have a guide with you while snorkeling.

Just tell the taxi where you want to go confirm your price before getting in. No problem, short drive, I can't remember the price but Somewhere around $12 is stuck in my head. The never tried to get us to go somewhere else. No pressure. I think the kickbacks are more when your on a tour.

Its a cheap day for a great relaxing time. Enjoy.

1. They have several packages on their website. DH and I were interested in "The Franc" - includes 30 min. beach massage, lunch/drink, and complimentary cocktail for $35. Given that a 30 min. massage is listed at $30 on their website, this seems almost too good to be true! Does this package actually include a full lunch? Amazing deal, if it does! We did the same package in 2010 and it was great. Going back in 4 weeks and will be doing it all over again. Lunch was awesome, I had tacos and husband had a sandwhich and fries which was also great...it is a full lunch. Massage was awesome and it is on the beach...can't wait until we go again.

2. The biggest reason we want to go here is for the snorkelling, but I'm a bit concerned about the current. I can swim but have never actually snorkelled before. Anyone know what I can expect the water in this area to be like in January? Or is the current not that predictable? We went here for the snorkeling too. It was good with nearby reefs. The current goes from right to left (if looking out to sea) so you enter on the right and the current will take you down to the left where their is a pier and ladders to get in and out. We had no problems with the current.

3. Anyone ever have issues with taking a taxi to the Money Bar? In my research, I've come across some info about the taxi drivers trying to persuade people to go to other places where the drivers can get kickbacks, so was wondering if this has been an issue for anyone? No issues to get there...was $10 and the Money Bar called us a taxi back. The taxi cabs will bug you when you get to port. Just tell them where you want to go and they will take you there.

Archived