"Repositioning" Cruise

sazzinfredericton

How does one find this sort of info on a IMO convoluted cruise in advance? itinerary and cost? Dubai to Singapore etc.....

Thank you all .....the feedback is getting the "wow" factor for sure.

The plan to move the VOS in 2012 from the European market to the China and Australia market had been in the news for awhile prior to the cruise announcement. I first saw the cruise on July 10th in an email from a well known cruise outlet seller, and as someone had mentioned previously, the pricing was excellent. I then checked the roll call on Cruise Critic and folks were signing up one after the other. Some folks were doing one segment, others just two and the 'lucky' ones were doing all three segments. (I wanted badly to do it, but my DW could not get away for the 42+ days)

How to find them... Being aware that cruise ships are moved to different markets on a fairly regular schedule (a lot of cruise ships are moving from Europe to the Caribbean and from Alaska to other Pacific Rim ports). Sometimes cruise ships are not doing well in a particular market and are suddenly 'repositioned'.

Another option is when looking to do a particular cruise, check the first and last cruise date on the schedule and see where that cruise ship might be coming from or heading to next. BTW... sometimes the first and last cruise have better prices because they are not at 'prime time'.

Repositioning cruises are the best! I'm a solo traveller who is subject to the single supplement and anytime I can get an extended length cruise for a reasonable price with few children on board, I grab it. Repositioning cruises fit that bill for me. And the numerous days at sea make it even better!

Not sure why I am finding this "repositioning" cruise so intriguing! Seems like alot of work unless I find the right TA to do the work finding the right cruise for me...but the Dubai to Singapore etc got me hooked!

Not sure why I am finding this "repositioning" cruise so intriguing! Seems like alot of work unless I find the right TA to do the work finding the right cruise for me...but the Dubai to Singapore etc got me hooked!

Be careful though. The airfare for that itinerary may get you unhooked quite quickly.

Personally, I don't use a TA. I prefer to do the sleuthing and leg work myself. It's not like in the old days where you had to rely on a TA. Computers make it sooooo easy to research which cruise is best for you. Besides, I see you are a Canadian and because of that fact, we Canucks never get anywhere near the perqs if any at all except the odd bottle of wine in the cabin at embarkation from TA's that our friends south of the border do.

Be careful though. The airfare for that itinerary may get you unhooked quite quickly.

Personally, I don't use a TA. I prefer to do the sleuthing and leg work myself.

Can I be your friend? :) Seriously I may have to travel solo in the future and yes I am somewhat savvy at finding good travel deals...but these repositioning cruises seem a stretch to me..... research wise!

Just keep in touch with Cruise Critic! There is always news on these boards about what the ships are doing and where they are going. If you know that, you know when and where ships are going to be moving.

Sue

Archived