Transferring reservations same agent-new agency??

Hi,

Is there any benefit or disadvantage to transferring my reservations from one travel agency to another via the SAME travel agent. Also, I cruise four times a year (usually mini-suite and full suites) and I want to make sure I am getting the most out of my TA. Should I be receiving bonus OBC's from the agency/agent?? Just wondering because I am not getting anything other than great service (loving it very much too!) and I have read about other agencies that treat frequent customers with OBC dollars and other perks.

I am NOT asking for agency names because that is breaking the rules. I am trying to confirm that others have indeed received perks for 20K worth of yearly reservations.

Thanks for all of your help and happy cruising!!

Hi,

Is there any benefit or disadvantage to transferring my reservations from one travel agency to another via the SAME travel agent. Also, I cruise four times a year (usually mini-suite and full suites) and I want to make sure I am getting the most out of my TA. Should I be receiving bonus OBC's from the agency/agent?? Just wondering because I am not getting anything other than great service (loving it very much too!) and I have read about other agencies that treat frequent customers with OBC dollars and other perks.

I am NOT asking for agency names because that is breaking the rules. I am trying to confirm that others have indeed received perks for 20K worth of yearly reservations.

Thanks for all of your help and happy cruising!!

Does your TA discount the price? If you are getting a great price, then the lack of OBC is fine. If you are paying full dollar and getting no perks, then I suggest shopping around

I think it comes down to what is most important to you. If you have a great travel agent that gives you great service that might be worth more than getting a little onboard credit.

For everyone who thinks that their travel agent should discount their services so that you can save a few dollars, my question is: do you value good service? Do you want them to make a living wage - or go out of business like so many these days just so they can save you a few dollars. Right now we have all of these "occupy Wall Street" demonstrations going on which to me are trying to emphasize that we should support small business rather than major corporations. The discounters do huge volume, don't really care about each individual client like the small, independent agents do. Just something to think about.

Another way to think about this is, if you needed surgery, would you go to the cheapest surgeon you could find or the one with the most experience and best reputation? Ok, this may not be as life threatening, but if your flight is delayed, you have an emergency, or some other odd situation comes up - do you want to rely on some $10 an hour call service rep who has no relationship with you or would you prefer someone who is truly an advocate for their client?

A well qualified travel agent will give you advice that no online agency will offer, and that the cruise lines themselves may not offer. They may have amenities like OBC or wine, they may not. But you, as the traveler, have to decide what is most important to you - good advice and value, or just price.

JMHO as someone who almost always used a TA before becoming one. (BTW, became one because of a bad experience with one).

Archived