Cool Runnings Cat Cruise

homeinboca

All the operators with smaller boats were booked up for the day I am in Barbados. I had a choice between El Tigre and Cool Runnings and have booked with Cool Runnings for the swim with the turtles cruise.

It seems all the operators have the same itinerary and go to the same places and I recognize that a smaller group is more intimate, but has anyone recently used Cool Runnings or El Tigre and can offer up their experience?

Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...

We just went on cat cruise with Cool Runnings the day before yesterday.

We had a fantastic time and there were about 35 of us on board.

The crew were great, lunch really good and plenty of drinks, some people even had ice buckets of 'champagne'

We stopped after about 40 minutes at Paynes beach to swim with the turtles. There were plenty of snorkels, life jackets and flotation devices available. There were about 8 or 9 turtles and although about 30 of us were in the water we were easily about to see them and stroke their shells. We were in about 20 feet of crystal clear water and the Cool Runnings guy spotted a stingray on the sea floor so he snorkelled down a few times to feed it. I wasn't bothered about taking pictures as I just wanted to experience swimming with the turtles.

Next stop about ten minutes further on was to snorkel over a reef and sunken ship, that was really good too.

Final stop for lunch, chicken, fish, salads, rice and peas, yummy potato baked dish.

When we finished our lunch about ten of us swam off the back of the boat and a few more turtles came to see if we had any food. My advise would be to grab a snorkel and mask and you'd see them even better.

We sailed at 10am and were back at 2.30pm.

We had a fantastic time, it was the highlight of our five days in Barbados and we would definitely go with Cool Runnings again.

Kim

Archived