Fascination October 15-20, 2011

groo

Carnival Fascination October 15 - 20

Nassau, Bahamas and Half Moon Cay

We got to the port in Jacksonville at 10:30 and had no lines to wait in until after we had checked in. Then we were directed to seats where we waited to board. They began boarding by 11 and we were on the Lido deck by 11:30.

We took our 5 year old grand daughter with us for this trip. This trip was for her and she made all the decisions. It was her vacation. We had the notarized letters from her parents but didn't offer them when we checked in and we were not asked for them. Her last name is different from ours. Not sure if this is common, but we didn't want to take any chances.

We had Anytime dining which was in the Sensations dining room. There were two lines at dinner. One for Anytime dining and one for assigned seating diners. We never had to wait for more than a few minutes to be seated. Lobster night was the longest wait, but was less than 15 minutes. They seated us by ourselves each night. When we checked in at dinner, they asked our cabin number and gave the host a printed ticket. The waiters all called us by name so the ticket must be used to keep the personal touch to the service.

Service and food were great. The waiters paid special attention to our grand daughter and she loved it. Mladen was our first waiter and she watched for him every night. He made it a point to come over and talk to her when he saw her.

She went to Camp Carnival a few times, but didn't want to stay very long. We used those times to go get coffee and desserts from the buffet and sit out on the deck. We never had trouble finding deck chairs at any time of day, even around the pool.

Nassau was a beach day at the public beach. Vendors are there with chairs, food, drinks and souveniers. The beach is very rocky so beach shoes are recommended.

Half Moon Cay is beautiful. Now we know what everyone has been talking about. The grand daughter loved her day at this beach. We waited until 1:30 to go get lunch and almost missed out. They shut down at 2:00.

The weather got a little rough the last sea day. we went out on deck while the grand daughter was in Camp Carnival and enjoyed the wind and light rain. The rocking of the ship made some sick, but I was enjoying the feel of the ocean. The bad weather didn't last long and folks got back out later on.

Over all a great trip. Our grand daughter had been looking forward to cruising again and we had a lot of fun with her.

Just booked this the other night (for the 2nd time), even though I just got back from Glory to Bermuda. The price was absolutely rock bottom.

This will be my 5th stop at HMC.

I'm not a beach person, but after the first visit there, we booked a return 7 months later (and I'm the type that always tries to get a "new" port when I cruise).

I love it there. Rent a clamshell and just read, relax, play in the water, walk down the beach, eat, have a drink, nap.

It is truly the most beautiful place I've ever been, and I've been to some beautiful beaches over the past ten years since I started cruising.

Sounds like you had a good time. I love the Fantasy-class ships and think Fascination is a great ship. Looking forward to getting reacquainted with her.

Archived