Rey Juan Carlos Hotel-Barcelona

katz

Never heard of it and we've stayed in Barcelona many, many times, however, if Oceania uses it as a pre-cruise hotel, it's going to be a nice hotel. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Try to "google" it and see what you can find out.

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? If so, I wouuld like your opinions. This is one of the hotels O uses for pre-cruise accomodations.

Thanks.

They must get a bargain...This hotel is not in a good location if you want to be able to walk anywhere. Take the credit and run. Try one of the good hotels in the Ramblas (not on the Ramblas) area or near the beach. We prefer the Arts for a 5* experience. Many reccomend the Colon which is 4* and kind of homey but in a great location. Enjoy Barcelona it's a great city.

This is the hotel Oceania is using for our "free" night in Barcelona - for a while a night in a hotel precruise was included in the price. From the different booking agents, we can book it for about $200 for the night - Oceania will give us $500 back if we don't use the hotel. It sounded like a no-brainer to take the money, but then we have to factor in the ride from the hotel to Taragoza, where the ship will depart, which is about a two hour drive from the hotel and is included in the "free" hotel. We don't want to rent a car and drive ourselves, and I am sure a car and driver would eat up the $300 difference, so we will probably keep the booking with Oceania. From the website, it looks like a nice place - if we were staying in Barcelona for longer than the one night, I would choose a different hotel, but for the one night, it looks fine.

Archived