Carnival Triumph Stabbing

danman252

We were aboard the Carnival Triumph from Oct 15-20, 2011 on the Western Caribbean cruise to Progresso and Cozumel. We were interviewed by the ship's security staff on Oct 18th about an incident that reportedly happened in the cabin next to ours. We reported hearing loud voices and banging on the walls. We were told that 'something very bad had happened" but could not get any more info from the security staff. The room was closed with red tape stating "no admittance, forensic eviidence". We talked to the occupants of the cabin on the other side of the closed cabin and they were told again something "very bad happened" and that someone was stabbed. We have been unable to find out any other info. It was a very troublesome experience and we would like to know what happened

Does anyone know if this is true?

Why? are you expecting the perpetrator to be still hiding in the cabin lol:p

Den

Nicely done. Nah, not worried about that. For the same reason I don't watch The Shining. "Redrum" and all that creepy stuff. Really a horrific event and terrible for the neighboring cabin occupants. Can't imagine being on a cruise and being interviewed about something like this.

Nicely done. Nah, not worried about that. For the same reason I don't watch The Shining. "Redrum" and all that creepy stuff. Really a horrific event and terrible for the neighboring cabin occupants. Can't imagine being on a cruise and being interviewed about something like this.

That's just bizarre. I was just about to post "redrum" until I saw you beat me to it. :D

Very unfortunate incident, but when you have thousands of people in a small area, many of whom have been drinking, there'll be violence soon enough. Sad, but true. :(

Or......part of the new loyality program:eek::eek:

you mean the DISloyalty program ...

Ok, that was uncalled for - in a very sarcastic mood today - maybe time for the comedy club.

To the OP - how horrible to be next to that kind of a mess ... like a couple of others have said the security personnel can't talk about it. Super sad though. Hopefully you can get past it and book another cruise soon. I know that always makes me feel better.

That is very unfortunate and sad. We just got off the Ecstasy this morning and saw someone being brought out in handcuffs and arrested by the port authorities. There was a fight in the bar last night/early this morning and I am assuming it has something to do with that. I may be wrong we couldn't get any information on why he was arrested. What a way to end a great cruise!! You know the saying when you leave on vacation you come back on probation!! LOL!!!

Archived