Anyone? Celebrity's Ultimate sea, sun, and fun cruise

jerseydevs

• 11 months later...
You can take a water shuttle from the pier directly to Grande Anse beach for a couple dollars.

It's one of the the best beaches in the Caribbean!

That is what we are doing on our Summit Cruise B2B Nov 3. We have been to this beach at least 15 times since 1985 and have met one of the locals and he still remembers our names. His name is Curtis Now there is actually a little wharf, in the old days we just climbed out of the boat but we were a lot younger then. Ontario Cruiser

Actually, this is more than a visit to the beach. It is a boat trip (catamaran, sail, triamaran?) that lasts six hours and includes snorkle stops, lunch and beach stop. I can't find anything posted about the overall experience and wonder if someone has done this? What kind of boat, how many people on board, fun trip, etc.? Thanks for the responses though regarding the beach.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We've not done that one but it shares some common activities with a great excursion we've done in the past: The Shadowfax Champagne and Lobster Cruise. That one is also booked through Celebrity although the first time we looked into it we thought it was a private excursion but they'd just signed on with the Cruise Line: http://www.celebritycruises.com/asr/shorex/shorexExcursionDetails.do?productCode=GD42

We've done this excursion twice and have some photos and a short review on our photo site. Here is a link to the photo gallery for our first trip and you'll not in the description at the top of the gallery there is a link to the gallery from our second trip as well:

Welcome to Grenada!

• 1 month later...
I know this was posted a while ago, but just wondering has anyone done this?

It has everything we would be interested in, and would like some feed back on it.

We did this excursion a week ago. (Oh, how time flies!). You are on a nice catamaran which you get back onto up a ladder over the side of the boat. It has a nice bottom step that is pretty far down into the water. It does hug the hull a LITTLE bit, but every one was able to get up easily except for me because I am pretty fluffy, but the crew assisted me get on board pretty easily. :D. The first snorkel stop was at a reef that had been harmed by a hurricane, and then a sculptor from the U.K. donated some cool underwater sculptures for people to snorkel over. The guide from the boat took us around and explained them, their names, etc. He also baited some dis so that we could get some good photos at each of the sculptures. We then got back on the cat and went to another stop. We had to move to a completely different spot due stinging algae in the water. Our long second stop was near the beach where we had lunch and it was very good snorkeling. My DH and I saw a group of 22 squid, lots of different fish, and about 10,000 shiny little fish schooling around us. We felt like we were stars of a Disney movie!

The boat then went to the black sand beach where some locals grilled fish, chicken, and the largest lobsters I have ever seen! We got 1/2 of a lobster if that was what we ordered, plus a plantain something-or-other, some local greens, and rice, if I remember correctly. For dessert they served us a local cake.

We had time to hang out out on the beach or in the water while drinking our rum punch. (Or whatever we wanted.). We could have purchased beer there, too if we had wanted.

We then sailed leisurely back to the pier and walked back through the tunnel to the port.

It was a great excursion!

We've not done that one but it shares some common activities with a great excursion we've done in the past: The Shadowfax Champagne and Lobster Cruise. That one is also booked through Celebrity although the first time we looked into it we thought it was a private excursion but they'd just signed on with the Cruise Line: http://www.celebritycruises.com/asr/shorex/shorexExcursionDetails.do?productCode=GD42

We've done this excursion twice and have some photos and a short review on our photo site. Here is a link to the photo gallery for our first trip and you'll not in the description at the top of the gallery there is a link to the gallery from our second trip as well:

Welcome to Grenada!

The beach we went to is a different one that is in these pictures. Interesting.

We did this excursion a week ago. (Oh, how time flies!). You are on a nice catamaran which you get back onto up a ladder over the side of the boat. It has a nice bottom step that is pretty far down into the water. It does hug the hull a LITTLE bit, but every one was able to get up easily except for me because I am pretty fluffy, but the crew assisted me get on board pretty easily. :D. The first snorkel stop was at a reef that had been harmed by a hurricane, and then a sculptor from the U.K. donated some cool underwater sculptures for people to snorkel over. The guide from the boat took us around and explained them, their names, etc. He also baited some dis so that we could get some good photos at each of the sculptures. We then got back on the cat and went to another stop. We had to move to a completely different spot due stinging algae in the water. Our long second stop was near the beach where we had lunch and it was very good snorkeling. My DH and I saw a group of 22 squid, lots of different fish, and about 10,000 shiny little fish schooling around us. We felt like we were stars of a Disney movie!

The boat then went to the black sand beach where some locals grilled fish, chicken, and the largest lobsters I have ever seen! We got 1/2 of a lobster if that was what we ordered, plus a plantain something-or-other, some local greens, and rice, if I remember correctly. For dessert they served us a local cake.

We had time to hang out out on the beach or in the water while drinking our rum punch. (Or whatever we wanted.). We could have purchased beer there, too if we had wanted.

We then sailed leisurely back to the pier and walked back through the tunnel to the port.

It was a great excursion!

Sorry for the big quote but wanted to check something - you say he baited some dis - do you mean be caught the fish or did he throw food out for the fish? Just want to check as baiting (catching) fish inside the marine park is illegal and is not in the spirit of what Grenada is trying to do with Marine Park or the sculpture park. Thanks for the info

Sorry for the big quote but wanted to check something - you say he baited some dis - do you mean be caught the fish or did he throw food out for the fish? Just want to check as baiting (catching) fish inside the marine park is illegal and is not in the spirit of what Grenada is trying to do with Marine Park or the sculpture park. Thanks for the info

"Dis" was a typo for "fish," which I think you figured out.

He had some bait/chum that he put in the water so that the fish would come around the sculptures, as I said. I never heard of baited meaning caught. Hmmmm

Hi Sheffie

Thank you so much for getting back to me - as one of the group who maintain and manage the park and work hand-in-hand with the Marine Protected Area Rangers I just wanted to check. :D

Either way the boats aren't supposed to be feeding the fish either as it is contrary to normal life for our marine life within the marine reserve. Will ask the rangers to have a gentle word with all the operators in an upcoming meeting to remind us all of MPA rules and regs. Thank again for your fabulous report and we're glad you havd a great time here on our beutiful little island. We hope to see you again next season :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

I would be interested in hearing how many people the catamaran is designed to hold and how many were on your excursions. I try to avoid ship excursions if there are large numbers. This past January's catamaran in Puerto Vallarta held up to 180 and we sailed with -as we like to say- 108 of our closest friends! Don't ever want to do that again! Nothing like constantly getting bumped with flippers and feet.....

I would be interested in hearing how many people the catamaran is designed to hold and how many were on your excursions. I try to avoid ship excursions if there are large numbers. This past January's catamaran in Puerto Vallarta held up to 180 and we sailed with -as we like to say- 108 of our closest friends! Don't ever want to do that again! Nothing like constantly getting bumped with flippers and feet.....

We think there were between 15-20 on our excursion.

• 3 months later...

Thank you Larry for linking to your photos of the Shadowfax trip. It did look like there was only a small area of shade on the ship.

Michelle, was there shade on your ship?

I wonder what makes these two trips cost $40 different? Any thoughts?

Archived