Allure Western Carribean Dec 2011

dvmvet

We are taking our 8 1/2 yr old son with us. We go to Cozumel, Falmouth and

Labadee. Considering our kid will be with us, I would love suggestions about day trips. He likes the sea. While my husband and myself would be fine with a long trip to see ruins (in Cozumel) I think our kid would get tired and perhaps bored coming and going...

I also have the impression that the cruise line overcharged for the excursions we did when on Freedom last February. I felt like a herd of cattle (moo!) and on one excursion the person seemed totally disconnected and bored. I did not feel any connection with the locals or the land. There must be some good experiences out there fellow cruisers in these ports?

Thank you !

Just my personal opinion... but vacations are for parents too. I would let him pick the two other ports excursions but then go on the one to the ruins with him even if it wasn't his first choice. Of I believe you can leave him on the ship with the Adventure Club while you're gone. Just make sure you take a ship sponsored excursion to the ruins since the distance and time needed for this is great and risky if you should happen to run into problems. Tulum is closer but Chichen Itza is amazing from everything I have seen and heard. You may want to compromise and go with the shorter of the two trips... Chichen Itza is a 3 hour bus ride one way on top of the ferry from cozumel to main land.

Archived