Baltic ports - where do the ships dock?

lrmrtn

Hi everyone,

We are considering a Baltic cruise for 2012. The ports would be Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Riga, Lativa, Gdansk, Poland and Visby, Sweden. I've heard that you should do a tour for St. Petersburg but for the rest, we'd like to do DIY. Can anyone tell me where the ships dock in relation to the downtown so we can see if this is possible, i.e. are you docked within walking distance, is it a cab or bus ride away, an hour away, etc.?

Thanks!

This is a site that I use to see where the ships are docking:

http://cruisett.com/ports.php

It's not completed sometimes until closer to the cruise date. Some destinations have more than one cruise port, so you may have to research the distance to where you would like to go in your port. In some ports, you can walk, but in others you may have to take transportation like a ship shuttle, taxi, or local bus, tram, etc.

The only accurate way I have found to find out where a specific ship will dock on a specific day is to Google the port website. Most have a link to cruise ship schedules. I have not found cruisett to be very accurate. When we were in Stockholm, it listed one other ship in port yet there were actually a total of seven in port that day.

Kirk

The only accurate way I have found to find out where a specific ship will dock on a specific day is to Google the port website. Most have a link to cruise ship schedules. I have not found cruisett to be very accurate. When we were in Stockholm, it listed one other ship in port yet there were actually a total of seven in port that day.

Kirk

I know that CruiseTT does not list the ferries that use Stockholm as their home base. The Viking and Silja Line ships never get counted as far as cruise traffic goes. Not sure if that was why you found such a large number of ships in port when you only expected a couple.

Al

No, these were cruise line ships, can't remeber which ones but the port site listed seven (two of which were downtown, some at Frihamnen. Here is the link to the Stockholm port:

http://www.stockholmtown.com/templates/page____14932.aspx

but I have had similar experiences with cruisett at other ports, not all the time but many times.

Kirk

Archived