Cave tubing/zipline in Belize or zip in Roatan?

heather6699

Has anyone done the cave tubing and zip line combo in Belize? We want to do the cave tubing for sure and are trying to decide if we want to add on the zip lining. We could wait and zip in Roatan. It will be me, my DH and DD age 8. I'm wondering if it would be too long a day to do both, but I am also thinking the zip in Roatan doesn't look quite as spectacular. Any advice? Thanks!!

Yes, I am trying to decide if we should add the zip lining onto our cave tubing excursion in Belize or just wait and do the cave tubing in Roatan. I am wondering if we add the zip in Belize if it's a really long day. And I am wondering if we wait and do the zip in Roatan if it's as good as Belize. I appreciate any help.

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone done the cave tubing and zip line combo in Belize? We want to do the cave tubing for sure and are trying to decide if we want to add on the zip lining. We could wait and zip in Roatan. It will be me, my DH and DD age 8. I'm wondering if it would be too long a day to do both, but I am also thinking the zip in Roatan doesn't look quite as spectacular. Any advice? Thanks!!

I want to know the same thing!!

So I am hoping that someone answers soon! LOL

I haven't zipped in Belize, but we just zipped in Roatan with South Shore and it was fantastic! Not like Costa Rica, but it was a lot of fun and there was some great scenery. It was very jungly too, which was a concern of mine.

We didn't reserve, but just walked off the ship and found the South Shore kiosk. They put us right into a van and drove us about 25 minutes (from RCI's Coxen Hole) to the place. Then brought us back to the ship afterward. Highlight of the cruise, according to my kids (age 7 and 10)

We split it out and are glad that we did!

In Belize we did the cavetubing with cavetubing.bz and what happens is that if you just do cavetubing, they take their time on the hike through the rainforest to get to the caves. We were able to stop and learn about different trees and such. We were also able to go through more caves and get a longer ride, which was pretty awesome.

We didn't feel rushed at all and had a great day and thought the timing was perfect as we were back to the tenders around 3:30 p.m.

In Roatan, we did the Clip and Zip, and it was great. We did 11 zip lines (I heard other people say they did anywhere from 5-7 who booked from the ship). Afterwards we still had some time to shop and then hit the beach at Mahagony Bay for another hour or so.

We weren't interested in any other excursions so splitting them out worked out perfectly!

We did the cave-tubing and zip combo with Gilberto at cavetubingdotbiz. There were four of us adults and two other cruise passengers. So only 6 of us total. We had our own private van.

The drive there is about half an hour, but once you are there the zipline and tubing are both right there. We did the zip line first and it didn't take very long. We had plenty of time to hike through the rainforest and Gilberto was great at pointing out things along the trail, like plant species, insects and bats.

Afterward he took us out of the park and we had an authentic Belizean lunch at Amigos. A local place on the way back. The day was very laid back and didn't seem rushed at all.

I heard from some people that the zip line in Honduras was longer, but they both go through the rainforest, so same effect really. The beach in Honduras is so beautiful and the snorkeling is great, so I'm glad we had already gotten the zip lining out of the way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We did Cavetubing in Belize ... through explore belize caves dot com. HIGHLY recommended. They have the new tubes with headrests, cupholders, and strapped together (no feet/armpit method).

We did Ziplining in Roatan ... through Rony's Tours. Rony provided the transportation for us to go to Pirates of Caribbean Zip Line then on to West Bay Beach. Pirates Extremely Extreme Zip was awesome ... yes, longest in the Americas. Then snorkeling right from the beach in West Bay was some of the best we have ever done. Again, highly recommended!!

We did Cavetubing in Belize ... through explore belize caves dot com. HIGHLY recommended. They have the new tubes with headrests, cupholders, and strapped together (no feet/armpit method).

We did Ziplining in Roatan ... through Rony's Tours. Rony provided the transportation for us to go to Pirates of Caribbean Zip Line then on to West Bay Beach. Pirates Extremely Extreme Zip was awesome ... yes, longest in the Americas. Then snorkeling right from the beach in West Bay was some of the best we have ever done. Again, highly recommended!![

How long was the total trip for the ziplining, and cost?

Thanks

We did Pirates of the C. We prepaid a 20 deposit and the balance 65 was due when we got there--did the extreme one. They met us at the pier, took us to the Zip line and then provided transportation to a beach resort and promptly picked us up from the beach resort at the agreed upon time. We got to use the chairs, pool etc. There was good snorkeling there also--for 15 you could rent snorkel equip for the day. Really good deal and very easy.

How long was the total trip for the ziplining, and cost?

Thanks

Rony's Tours picked us up about 1/4 mile from the port. We got off the ship as soon as the doors opened. You have to walk out of the shopping area and up a hill. Not a bad walk, and taxis were available for those who can't make the walk. Anyway, they promptly rushed our group of 9 off to Pirates of Caribbean for ziplining. Our entire group opted for the Extremely Extreme for $65 ea - paid directly to Pirates. There was a shorter zip option that was a little less expensive. When we were all finished, our group opted to go to West Bay Beach on the West End of the island. THIS BEACH IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED if you want to snorkel. We entered through Banarama which was free. You can enter the beach through other resorts but they charge minimal fees. When we were finished with lunch/drinks/snorkeling, they took us back to the port with 45 min to spare for shopping, etc - (we stretched the time, not them). Since we had a group of 4 or more, Rony only charged us $20pp for the transportation.

Sorry, that was a lot more info than you asked for ... but this was my favorite stop and wanted to tell you how fantastic our day and tour choice was. :)

Rony's Tours picked us up about 1/4 mile from the port. We got off the ship as soon as the doors opened. You have to walk out of the shopping area and up a hill. Not a bad walk, and taxis were available for those who can't make the walk. Anyway, they promptly rushed our group of 9 off to Pirates of Caribbean for ziplining. Our entire group opted for the Extremely Extreme for $65 ea - paid directly to Pirates. There was a shorter zip option that was a little less expensive. When we were all finished, our group opted to go to West Bay Beach on the West End of the island. THIS BEACH IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED if you want to snorkel. We entered through Banarama which was free. You can enter the beach through other resorts but they charge minimal fees. When we were finished with lunch/drinks/snorkeling, they took us back to the port with 45 min to spare for shopping, etc - (we stretched the time, not them). Since we had a group of 4 or more, Rony only charged us $20pp for the transportation.

Sorry, that was a lot more info than you asked for ... but this was my favorite stop and wanted to tell you how fantastic our day and tour choice was. :)

Romy's said you could pick what beach to snorkel at? Did they limit the group to 9 or did you? Just curious if my party of four will be put in a group of 20 (don't want that). Did you rent chairs/umbrellas at Bananarama and if so, how much $? Did you think the food at Bananarama was good?

Thanks for your help!

Romy's said you could pick what beach to snorkel at? Did they limit the group to 9 or did you? Just curious if my party of four will be put in a group of 20 (don't want that). Did you rent chairs/umbrellas at Bananarama and if so, how much $? Did you think the food at Bananarama was good?

Thanks for your help!

On Rony's website, they have combination places you can pick from (we picked Pirates ZipLine + West Bay beach). However, they will also customize for you too if you don't see a combination you like - although I believe this might be a little more expensive.

My group of 9 were all from my Roll Call here on CC. It was great! And since we had so many, it was just 'us' in the van. If it is just 4 of you, you may be riding with another small group that is doing the same itinerary. I doubt it would be 20 in your group because they have passenger vans. I would suspect 10 or less. But you could certainly ask Rony. He answered ALL my questions promptly.

Yes, our group rented 2 chairs to throw all our stuff on - $5 each chair. Some opted to hang out by the chairs while some of us went snorkeling. We did not rent umbrellas - don't know how much they cost, sorry.

Yes, the food and drinks at Bananarama were very good. Our guide, Jonathan, snagged us a table and waitress immediately. We were promptly served food and drinks ... everything was perfect.

And again, I cannot say this enough ... the snorkeling at West Bay right from the beach is excellent. From Bananarama, you will need to walk down the shore to the left. Enter the water about 100 yards or so from the rock wall and then snorkel towards the rock wall. So MUCH to see !! :)

Archived