Beer selection

Yorkiebargirl

What kinds of beer are offered by Seabourn, are they all bottled or are there some on tap?

Beers that I have seen were all bottled or tinned. No beer on tap on the Spirit. Types of beer vary based on where the ship provisions. They do try to accommodate requests where possible.

On our 7 day in the Eastern Med there was the usual suspects on board. Amstel, Stella Artois, Bud, Coors, Miller, Corona and all of their lite equivalents. They also had Guiness around though it came from a can (bleah...) That was all I saw or ordered. They probably had a couple of other brands around too.

How does one request a particular brand of beer to be supplied. We are on the Pride in March 2012 Hongkong to Singapore and enjoy Asian beer like Singha or Tiger when we were on Sojourn last year there was a little Tiger but it ran out within a few days

How does one request a particular brand of beer to be supplied. We are on the Pride in March 2012 Hongkong to Singapore and enjoy Asian beer like Singha or Tiger when we were on Sojourn last year there was a little Tiger but it ran out within a few days

You can actually do it ahead of time when you register your preferrences on-line on seabourn.com in your booking. That way they will stock your fridge hopefully with the items that you hvae requested well in advance.;)

On our 7 day in the Eastern Med there was the usual suspects on board. Amstel, Stella Artois, Bud, Coors, Miller, Corona and all of their lite equivalents. They also had Guiness around though it came from a can (bleah...) That was all I saw or ordered. They probably had a couple of other brands around too.

Oh dear. I was hoping we might enjoy some artisan beers (even the tolerable big ones like Sam Adams, Sierra Nevada, etc.), instead of the usual mass production "beers." Crystal is no better, with rare exceptions.

Amstel and Stella (like Heineken) are merely "Euro-Bud." The big Japanese brands are the same.

• 6 months later...
Is this information still valid - meaning I have to bring some decent beer myself?

Screwcork

If there's something you'll be pining for I would. Cruise ships generally don't stock craft beer and Sam Adams seems to be the best I've seen at sea. Also, between Silversea, Regent and Crystal - none of them have beer on tap, I'd expect Seabourn to be the same in this.

The only place I have had decent tap beer was on Cunard ships. Usually a fair bitter and lager plus the usual array of bottled and tinned beers. Oh yes, also had the Navy ESB on HMS Cornwall. A very good beer.:eek::D

Not surprisingly, Seabourn appears to cater only for American taste in beers. Hence the beers offered are bland , very bland and very very bland.( howls of protest from across the pond?)

However on a Baltic cruise on Sojourn a couple of years ago, a case of Weissbeer was picked up in Warnemunde. Gone in 30 seconds:eek:.

So, I am sure that if you ask, Seabourn will pick up some " local" beer at a port of call. Just ask.

Just wondering if anyone has seen or has requested an Austrian beer onboard called Stiegl ?

Never found it on SEabourn. But have tasted in Austria and found it pleasant but not exceptional.

As I said in an earlier post, the next time you are on a Seabourn ship and call into an Austrian port, just ask for it;)

I was tempted but initially resisted.Apologies but here goes:

Q Whats the beer like on Seabourn?

A Its like making love in a punt. ****ing close to water!

Apologies again.

Took a long time for the answer, but I love it;)

• 2 weeks later...

I saw somebody else drinking Newcastle Brown and ordered one myself. I didn't realize I was drinking somebody else's beer but he was most magnanimous. He had asked for it to be boarded. I am told that he later boarded another trans-At cruise in Barcelona but there was no Newcastle Brown for him. The ship made a stop in Tenerife and a supply was boarded. It had been flown out from England. Now that's Seabourn for you! Incredible.

On Odyssey last August, Istanbul/Piraeus, they had the usual suspects but also brought on board local beers: Efes from Turkey and Mythos from Greece. I thought it added to the whole experience, though I criticise no one for knowing what they like.

When we returned home I discovered that a local supermarket sold Efes. It seemed nicer, somehow, when drunk around the pool.

Archived