jax port today...

Hockey Addict

So, we went to the port at 11:30 this morning. They turned us away and said to come back at 1pm. We tried.... now we wait. At least we live in jax and know the area. We are hanging out under the bridge for now! :D

The good news is, our Fascination is docked at the port. That is a good thing!

Im sailing out next week, but strangely enough, on the 5th I received an email from Carnival titled "Important information regarding your Carnival Fascination November 7th cruise", notifying me about the delay and saying to not arrive at the terminal until 130pm...

Would have been good info if I was cruising today, but not until the 17th for me, so I just disregarded it! Maybe they sent that email out to all the 17th passengers and thats why you werent notified! :confused:

Carnival Fascination 11/7 Departure

Due to expected tidal conditions on Monday, November 7, 2011, the Carnival Fascination will be delayed arriving from her current voyage. In order to allow for safe clearance of the Dames Point Bridge, the ship is now scheduled to arrive at 10:00 AM. Please do not proceed to the terminal until 1:30 PM since we will be busy saying good-bye to our guests.

For your comfort and convenience, we suggest you visit the local Regency Mall located 8 miles from the terminal (address and link below) where you can take advantage of a variety of dining and shopping venues while you wait. We expect boarding to take place between 1:30 - 5:30 PM.

Regency Square Mall

9501 Arlington Expressway

Jacksonville, Florida 32225

(904) 725-3830

http://www.regencysquaremall.com

Due to our late arrival and tidal conditions expected Monday afternoon, we will need to delay our departure in order to once again safely clear the Dames Point Bridge on our way out. We are now scheduled to sail at 9:00 PM. The good news is that we do not anticipate any impact to our scheduled itinerary at this time.

To stay in touch, please sign up for text alerts by texting CCL3 to 36500 to receive updates on our departure from Jacksonville. You can also visit http://www.carnival.com/alerts.

I was on the Fascination this morning. We cleared the bridge at 10:15AM. They started self assist debark around 12 noon. Don't have a clue what the hold up was. They only called 4 people to guest services(probably to take care of their outstanding balance). We didn't get off the ship until 1:25PM so I'm sure embarkation didn't start until 2:30 or 3PM. If anyone knows what the delay was after Fascination docked, I sure would like to know!:)

Does this happen often in the Port of Jax? I remember reading something on here not to long ago that the ship was held up for hours or more waiting for the tide to go out so they could clear the bridge or was this somewhere else?

Archived