Epic Courtyard Villa Deck Question

chrisaf

For anyone who has stayed in a 2 Bedroom Family Villa in the Courtyard - I am wondering about the pros or cons of selecting one on either Deck 16 or Deck 17 as both decks are available. Is one deck preferred over the other? I assume that Deck 16 is right on the courtyard area and Deck 17 looks down to it - is that correct? Thanks for any info.

We stayed in 16016. We loved being so close to the actual courtyard. On the deck plans you'll notice we backed up to the bar. However that was fine - we never heard one thing. It was the bar in the courtyard grill which wasn't very busy. We actually booked it again for 2013. We have hemmed and hawed about going to 17 or switching rooms but we really liked this one so we're staying put. It's close to the pool and the grill. It's also close to the front area where the concierge sits. Pics of my room are in my signature.

16 surrounds the courtyard - there's an interior hallway with glass so you can leave your room and see into the courtyard but you don't walk directly into the courtyard - you have another door to go through. 17 is up above and looks down. There's a little spiral staircase that leads from 17 to 16 by the concierge desk.

Drag it decks has a great deck plan. http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit2.php?ship=Norwegian%20Epic

Enjoy.

We stayed in 16016. We loved being so close to the actual courtyard. On the deck plans you'll notice we backed up to the bar. However that was fine - we never heard one thing. It was the bar in the courtyard grill which wasn't very busy. We actually booked it again for 2013. We have hemmed and hawed about going to 17 or switching rooms but we really liked this one so we're staying put. It's close to the pool and the grill. It's also close to the front area where the concierge sits. Pics of my room are in my signature.

16 surrounds the courtyard - there's an interior hallway with glass so you can leave your room and see into the courtyard but you don't walk directly into the courtyard - you have another door to go through. 17 is up above and looks down. There's a little spiral staircase that leads from 17 to 16 by the concierge desk.

Drag it decks has a great deck plan. http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit2.php?ship=Norwegian%20Epic

Enjoy.

Thanks for the info you provided and I appreciate the links for the deck plans and photos!!

We were in 17015 and I wondered how it might be before the cruise. We had no issue with being one floor above as you could very easily get right downstairs from a couple of different ways. I would def. stay in that room again it was very quiet up there.

We were on 17 at the front of the ship and have booked it again. You have three ways to get downstairs from 17-- the stairs and elevator by the concierge desk at the back of the CY, or the stairs by the gym at the front of the CY. We LOVED the fact that it felt so private up there since virtually no one walked past our cabin. We were also closer to-- and therefore used often-- the front sun deck on 18 (soooo private and comfortable and no one was ever there-- just you and the sky and the ocean!) and the CY spa treatment rooms, which were about 10 feet from our door. We suspect it was much easier to stumble that short distance after a massage than to trudge the length of the ship. :rolleyes: For people who don't want to do any extra walking, or who think they will be in and out of the CY pool area a lot, it would be more practical to be on 16, though. I think you will love it no matter what!!

Hi,

This youtube video will answer a lot of questions. We were in 16009.

Jay

This video is AWESOME!!! I've been trying to figure out what the halls and courtyard were like and how close to noisy areas we will be. You showed everything!

tHANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Archived