Available Cabins

cruizn2escape

If the only cabins available according to HAL's website are inside and outside and we booked a guarantee inside, if there any possibility of getting an upgrade to an outside cabin?

We are sailing in about a month - Dec. 12th.

Thanks in advance for your help and patience if this has been asked before.

Upgrades across cabin types is rare. I've heard stories of people getting upgraded several categories, but its never happened to me or anyone that I know. If you booked a guarantee inside cabin, you are likely to get an inside cabin possibly on an upper deck. If you book with the expectation of getting an upgrade you will most likely be disappointed.

The other option is the upsell or paid upgrade. You may be offered an outside cabin or verandah for an additional amount per person. I had that happen to me and upgraded to a suite from a verandah for $200 per person.

This is just my experience, there are others who have been on many more cruises than I have that might have had a better experience. I'd like to hear about them.

I'd like to hear about them.
On the Nieuw A we booked an H gty, were assigned a C at 11 days out, and re-assigned to a V 3 days out, a total of 16 steps! I also did the booking for my DB/DSiL, initially an H. They were given an E at 11 days out, then a VE at 3 days ... on their first HAL cruise. I don't know if they got the great upgrade because of us or vice-versa! :D But you're right - these kinds of upgrades are rare.

Archived