When can holiday decorations be seen?

Missa

When can holiday decorations be seen on the ships?

I'll be on Enchantment on the seas the weekend after Thanksgiving. I heard elsewhere that the ships are decorated up after Thanksgiving. I asked RCL directly and they told me the ships only decorate the week of the Holiday/Christmas cruise, not beforehand.

I wanna hear from fellow cruisers first had what they have experienced in the past holiday seasons.

Oh cool! So our cruise on the Jewel on Dec 1st will have holiday decorations? We've never been on board for anything but St Patrick's day...lol. What all do they do?

On Freedom and Voyager class, they have a great big Christmas Tree ( 5 floors tall, maybe more?) in the Promenade (by Sorento's cafe usually)

The also have little decorations around the promenade and if I recall they had decorations in the main dinning room as well... I can't remember offhand what else is decorated.

I'm excited and think it'll be festive if Explorer is decorated when we depart on December 1st! :-D

Sailing on the Explorer December 1st, you will be able to see the beginning of the Christmas season start. If you are still on by the 10th of December, then the gingerbread houses and many more holiday season displays start to appear.

By the 15th of December, it might as well snow onboard any Royal Caribbean ship..........and yet they don't put the finishing touches on anything till the 20th!:)

Christmas is truly a thing to behold on a cruise ship! My suggestion is........DON'T GO!!! Why??

I did.....and it was so beautiful, that I proposed to my beautiful, lovely, now DW.....on Christmas eve.........on a very festive cruise ship!!

Then, on Christmas day.......the Captain had to go and make a public announcement about our engagement, then invite us to start a champagne pour.........well......our cruising has never stopped!

There were so many decoractions, and festivities........it's just not right what they do at Christmas time, unless you want to include cruising in a fairyland setting!!:D:D;)

Rick

Sailing on the Explorer December 1st, you will be able to see the beginning of the Christmas season start. If you are still on by the 10th of December, then the gingerbread houses and many more holiday season displays start to appear.

By the 15th of December, it might as well snow onboard any Royal Caribbean ship..........and yet they don't put the finishing touches on anything till the 20th!:)

Christmas is truly a thing to behold on a cruise ship! My suggestion is........DON'T GO!!! Why??

I did.....and it was so beautiful, that I proposed to my beautiful, lovely, now DW.....on Christmas eve.........on a very festive cruise ship!!

Then, on Christmas day.......the Captain had to go and make a public announcement about our engagement, then invite us to start a champagne pour.........well......our cruising has never stopped!

There were so many decoractions, and festivities........it's just not right what they do at Christmas time, unless you want to include cruising in a fairyland setting!!:D:D;)

Rick

Oh Rick, the horror.....the....horror (sorry, pathetic movie reference)....lol you poor people...it's like an episode of the Twilight Zone....they got on board the ship, got engaged, got festive and haven't been able to stop being compelled to cruise since.

I'm addicted....I just wish our bank account would allow for more cruising.

Thanks for the lowdown! I'm glad there will be some decor starting to go up!

I was on Enchantment that week last year and will be on board the same week this year for the 9 day carribean cruise. The ship was decorated last year including a huge gingerbread house display that was all hand made by the ship's pastry chefs. The ship really looke beautiful and helped get me in the holiday spirit.

I was also on the Enchantment last year after Thanksgiving and there was some decorations and they added the gingerbread house as the cruise went on. We booked this year for the cruise after and I'm hoping to see more decorations.

Here's a picture of the tree in the atrium, you might have to click on it to get a bigger picture.

I wish I knew how to get pictures from my phone to the computer I have good ones of the Gingerbread house.

127899941_ChristmasTreeinAtrium.jpg.36add2aba9d20b80b2f97bd4b91f926d.jpg

Last year we sailed on the Monarch (November 29) and the Allure (Dec. 12) and both were fully decorated. (Spent the 9-nights between cruises in fully decorated DisneyWorld).

We completed all our shopping and wrapping before we left for that trip and didn't arrive home until the day before Christmas Eve. It was such a relaxing way to approach the holidays that we are doing it again; this time with the Nov.28 sailing of Monarch followed by a B2B on the Freedom. And to maintain our new tradition we've already set up 2012...that one will be the Monarch followed by a B2B on the Allure.

Cruising pre-Christmas is an awesome time to avoid the malls and traffic!!!:D

... unless you want to include cruising in a fairyland setting!!:D:D;)

Rick

I think for me being on a cruise is going to be like cruising in a fairyland setting. I'm not sure I'd handle it being decorated for Christmas. :p

We will be on the Monarch for Thanksgiving. I imagine the ship will not be decorated. We get off the ship the Friday after Thanksgiving - that is probably when it will get decorated. I would love to see it decorated but we will be heading to Disney when we get off the cruise and I know Disney will be decorated.

Linda

Archived