Camp Carnival "Night Owls" fees

MentalVacation

Ok, I suspect I know what the answer to this is, but for the sake of discussion, humor me. :)

When I log onto the Carnival site to manage my cruise, there are terms and conditions to accept as you go through the process of pre-registering a child for Camp Carnival. At one of the prompts, the terms and conditions reads something about extra charges for 10pm-3am (which I knew), and says it is 6.00 for the first child, 4.00 for additional child....but then when I click on the form that you actually print and bring onboard, the charges are set out at 6.75 per child plus a 15% gratuity. (the gratuity is not spelled out in the other area, although I did assume it would be added).

So, am I correct in assuming that they have just raised the rate and gotten rid of the second child discount, but haven't updated their website fully?

I don't even know that we will utilize this service as it seems like a good way to really mess up the kids' sleep (it is not in-room, which is ok, b/c that is a little odd too...LOL...I am clearly indecisive on this subject!)

BUT, on the off chance that we DO decide to utilize it, I just want to make sure I have enough in the discretionary budget for a couple of nights at least. And it does make a bit of a difference when you do the math:

For me (2 kids) here is the hourly rate with a 15% gratuity added in:

15.52 (presumed) new rate

11.50 old rate

Now, it doesn't seem like a huge difference until you calculate it out over 3-4 hours

4 hours at lower rate with gratuity: 46.00

4 hours at higher rate with gratuity: 62.08

Any recent cruisers that utilized this and can confirm?

I honestly suspect that we won't need it (as we are both usually pretty tired by the end of excursion-filled days....:) ) But, just in case....better to be prepared!

Archived