Last leg of World Voyage 2013

Pies4u

Having considered various options for our next cruise - including Regent, Oceania and/or returning to Queen Victoria - we've opted for Cape Town to Southampton on QM2. 16 nights of what appears to be top class travel! We've gone for a port side Q6 - looks fantastic & can't wait even tho' it's some 16 months away and we've got a trip to the Maldives next year to look forward to.

It will be 1st time on QM2 and the 1st time on any part of a world voyage. The interesting elements for me are the 7 days at sea from Walvis Bay to Gran Canaria, calling at Madeira and the fact that we have the first day in Cape Town.

However, on that type of voyage - (World/11 days at sea in total) how many formal nights can be expected- can anyone kindly advise? I hear that TA usually has 4 or 5 formal nights, so I expect possibly 6 or 7, even as many as 8 due to the 7 consecutive days at sea - but what's the general view?

Any assistance would be appreciated. (nb: I know it's a long way off and I know Cunard might well be able to advise but I'm interested to hear what other folks might say. Cheers.)

Having considered various options for our next cruise - including Regent, Oceania and/or returning to Queen Victoria - we've opted for Cape Town to Southampton on QM2. 16 nights of what appears to be top class travel! We've gone for a port side Q6 - looks fantastic & can't wait even tho' it's some 16 months away and we've got a trip to the Maldives next year to look forward to.

It will be 1st time on QM2 and the 1st time on any part of a world voyage. The interesting elements for me are the 7 days at sea from Walvis Bay to Gran Canaria, calling at Madeira and the fact that we have the first day in Cape Town.

However, on that type of voyage - (World/11 days at sea in total) how many formal nights can be expected- can anyone kindly advise? I hear that TA usually has 4 or 5 formal nights, so I expect possibly 6 or 7, even as many as 8 due to the 7 consecutive days at sea - but what's the general view?

Any assistance would be appreciated. (nb: I know it's a long way off and I know Cunard might well be able to advise but I'm interested to hear what other folks might say. Cheers.)

You can access the dress code details here:

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/dress_code_all

It only goes up to the 3rd January 2013 but they will update it as we get closer to your departure date.

Hi Pies4U

I am thinking of booking onto that voyage also. Which travel agent did you book with. I think I saw it advertised at one price in the press and then when I rang a travel agent it was almost £1,000 more!!!!

Sorry for delay - thought I'd replied already!

Managed to get the early bird saving plus "Gold" discount, overall it was approx 15% saving from memory. My local TA is Ilkeston CoopTravel, now part of Thomas Cook group. I've done a lot of hol business with them and they used to offer good discounts but now, like most things, the cruise lines have cut back on commissions.

The cruise clubs and TA's get very little now - so we only got about £100 reduction from them. Liverpool Cruise Club were marginally cheaper on basic price but couldn't offer any further discounts, so I was just a tad better off with my usual TA.

Sorry for delay - thought I'd replied already!

Managed to get the early bird saving plus "Gold" discount, overall it was approx 15% saving from memory. My local TA is Ilkeston CoopTravel, now part of Thomas Cook group. I've done a lot of hol business with them and they used to offer good discounts but now, like most things, the cruise lines have cut back on commissions.

The cruise clubs and TA's get very little now - so we only got about £100 reduction from them. Liverpool Cruise Club were marginally cheaper on basic price but couldn't offer any further discounts, so I was just a tad better off with my usual TA.

Maybe your earlier post got deleted because you mentioned the name of a travel agent (which you've just done again) which is against the rules of this board.

Maybe your earlier post got deleted because you mentioned the name of a travel agent (which you've just done again) which is against the rules of this board.

Maybe so then - but that's news to me. I was asked a question, I answered it! Thanks for the helpful advice!:confused:

Archived