First time Carnival cruiser is frustrated.

hawaiinana

We are booked on Carnival Victory for the Jan. 1-8 Southern Caribbean cruise. I am having trouble booking excursions on line, and when I called the help line on Carnival- they could not get me booked either. When I click on the button to purchase our excursions a red note says "Some orders did not succeed. Please hover over the red info icon to see details." When I did that it read "The payment amt. must equal the amt. due on the order." Is anyone else having trouble booking excursions on the Carnival website? (I have never had this experience with other cruise lines.) Thanks

We are booked on Carnival Victory for the Jan. 1-8 Southern Caribbean cruise. I am having trouble booking excursions on line, and when I called the help line on Carnival- they could not get me booked either. When I click on the button to purchase our excursions a red note says "Some orders did not succeed. Please hover over the red info icon to see details." When I did that it read "The payment amt. must equal the amt. due on the order." Is anyone else having trouble booking excursions on the Carnival website? (I have never had this experience with other cruise lines.) Thanks

I have never had this problem. Since they are having problems too ,there is like a problem w/ the system now so I would try later. I know there was a similar problem with the onboard giift ordering last month.

I don't do ship excursions unless there is absolutely nothing available via independent operators.

I know this isn't what you were asking, but I highly recommend you check the Port of Call boards for the various islands.

When I sailed on Victory, all ports were new-to-me except St Thomas. I booked an independent island tour of some type on every one - spent much less that I would've via ship excursions, didn't spent 1/2 the time loading and unloading a bus full of people - got personalized service (several included snacks, water, and local beer; some even lunch).

Feel free to find my Victory review (click on my user name, then the stats tab, then threads started by me). I was thorough about the excursions. They were all fantastic.

Most, if not all, don't require pre-payment of any type. I did tip the driver/guides pretty generously, as I thought they were all good to fabulous.

I understand the OP's need to get this "done". Victory is so port intensive that it can be overwhelming to choose your excursions/what to do - and when you make up your mind, you just want it done.

I'd check back in 24 hours - this sometimes happens to their engine - not sure why. Just make yourself a list of what you know you need to book and go back later tonight or tomorrow morning and you should be able to get it done.

Have a great time! We loved our Victory cruise!

Part of the problem might be that they embark passengers at two ports, San Juan and Barbados. Some of the excursions can only be booked on ship.

But like some have said, look at local tour vendors. There are some very good ones and if you look in the ports of call threads you will find them.

In St Thomas we used Henery's EEE. Had Bernadette as a driver, she was great.

Used Cosol in St Lucia. Great tour if not alot of ships in port.

Rose & Jim in St Kitts. They were very good.

Just walked off in Barbados and hired a driver. His Name was Adrian, he was great.

I had this same problem with the excursion I did book through Carnival. The problem was that it was billing my father at the child rate but the system actually knew he was over the designated child age creating a conflict. I tried rebooking but always had the same issue I called and went through technical support. Took a while to figure out the problem but the rep stayed with it and got everyone booked.

Not sure on your problem with the excursions, but I've had some problems with the Carnival website off & on the last few days.

Carnivals website can drive you crazy, if you let it. They still have not figured out how to get the edit to work on bed configuration. LMAO

They did change it & it should work now, it did for mine. :)

My cruise is January 29th and I can't get any excursions to come up. When I go to that page, all I get is the "waiting cursor" and it just goes on and on. I even left my computer for an hour and it still wasn't loaded. I've tried on several computers (at work and home) and still have the same problem. I don't know if it has something to do with the fact that my cruise isn't paid in full, but months ago I was able to access the page. My cruise will be PIF at the end of this week, so I'll try again over the weekend.

P.S. About a month ago, I edited the beds and that was no problem!

Archived