Future cruise credit question...

Kitt Lady

This all started 295 days ago. Planning the perfect vacation with my adult children…

#1 bump in our vacation road…

It was started with DD’s boy friend being deployed to Afghanistan around the time of vacation. Well, DD’s boy friend told her to go and have fun. He would be in training anyways and she would make it back in time. Ok…DD in room by herself.

Months go by…vacation bump #2…DD announced she is going to have a beautiful baby girl (ok, we didn’t know then – but we know now….IT’S A GIRL…IT’S A GIRL!!) December 14th. Baby will not be 6 months old by Jan 21…So, room will need canceled.

Good news….friends are taking to room. So, we switched named and we now have $250 in future cruise credit.

Bump #3…DS was in the cabin on the other side of us…well…he has now changed jobs and can’t go…Now another $250 cruise credit.

This was a VERY long way around asking… Now, I have two separate cruise credits; Am I able to use it on one cruise. We were thinking of trying another line - we wanted to see Grenada and Dominica. But now we have two credits? If I can use it on one the maybe next year see those two ports and then the third back at CCL with the cruise credits.

I’m not sure if it’s aloud to use both on one cruise. I was too busy with canceling details when I talked to the PVP and completely forgot to ask.

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to your question. However, I would like to relay something we learned about future cruise certificates that is not made very clear by the sales staff. You cannot use these certificates if you book thru Interline. We always use Interline for Carnival cruises & never considered it a "promotional" fare. Now we have two certificates and will be trying to get the deposits refunded.

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to your question. However, I would like to relay something we learned about future cruise certificates that is not made very clear by the sales staff. You cannot use these certificates if you book thru Interline. We always use Interline for Carnival cruises & never considered it a "promotional" fare. Now we have two certificates and will be trying to get the deposits refunded.

Cruis Okie, future cruise certificates are fully refundable within 2 years of purchase. So if you are within 2 year window, you should have no problem getting those refunded.

OP,

I am not sure I fully understand your question, but if I understand you correctly, you cannot combined future cruise certificates, it is only one per cabin. (Although I am not sure your question is about future cruise certificate).

ouch. The good news is they are fully refundable...but are you sure interline rates are always better? Would ES be better on some occasions if you know for sure that you won't be canceling? I dont' know anything about interline...:)

Good news….friends are taking to room. So, we switched named and we now have $250 in future cruise credit.

Bump #3…DS was in the cabin on the other side of us…well…he has now changed jobs and can’t go…Now another $250 cruise credit.

This was a VERY long way around asking… Now, I have two separate cruise credits; Am I able to use it on one cruise. We were thinking of trying another line - we wanted to see Grenada and Dominica. But now we have two credits? If I can use it on one the maybe next year see those two ports and then the third back at CCL with the cruise credits.

I’m not sure if it’s aloud to use both on one cruise. I was too busy with canceling details when I talked to the PVP and completely forgot to ask.

These are NOT Future Cruise Certificates. They are credits for cancelled people. I don't know the answer to OP's question, but I just wanted to clarify that these are not FCC. It's her money that has been refunded as cruise credit.

Thanks everyone!

The two cruise credits are not the FCC but for two canceled cabins. CCL keeps the booking deposit and saves it for a cruise in the future. I will probably have to email my PVP and ask if they can be combined for on cruise for two people.

I was hoping to get the "heads up" here. Thought maybe someone ran into the same type of theng.

Archived