Diamond C&A member cruising with first timer

I'm D and traveled with my SO on Oasis last week. I was able to take her to the DL nightly and to the Plat/Diamond event on the bow of the ship (she's Gold, this was her 2nd RC cruise). We were conscious of not abusing the privilege of her being allowed in by ordering lots of complicated drinks, etc. We got excellent service from the servers in the DL all week and tipped them at the end. The Diamond Conceirge, however, was extremely unfriendly to us. I have two theories on this: 1) could be an age thing... we're in our mid-20s, and she was really hamming it up with the older guests. 2) Could have been because my SO is not Diamond, but she wasn't about to go so far as to disallow her (and as a result me) from the lounge. Her loss -- her blatant unfriendliness/coldness to us cost her a tip at the end of the cruise.

I also note that on the first night she demanded (not so nicely) to see my seapass card when I came in (despite my card clealry working to open the gate). Had she been demanding to see everyone's seapass card when they first arrived to check people off / get to know names, etc., as I've seen on other ships I wouldn't have minded, but I definitely felt singled out!

Going back on Oasis in May, hopefully she'll either be more friendly to us (as we'll be traveling with my parents who are also D and in her favored age demographic) or there will be someone else who is friendlier.

I'm D and traveled with my SO on Oasis last week. I was able to take her to the DL nightly and to the Plat/Diamond event on the bow of the ship (she's Gold, this was her 2nd RC cruise). We were conscious of not abusing the privilege of her being allowed in by ordering lots of complicated drinks, etc. We got excellent service from the servers in the DL all week and tipped them at the end. The Diamond Conceirge, however, was extremely unfriendly to us. I have two theories on this: 1) could be an age thing... we're in our mid-20s, and she was really hamming it up with the older guests. 2) Could have been because my SO is not Diamond, but she wasn't about to go so far as to disallow her (and as a result me) from the lounge. Her loss -- her blatant unfriendliness/coldness to us cost her a tip at the end of the cruise.

I also note that on the first night she demanded (not so nicely) to see my seapass card when I came in (despite my card clealry working to open the gate). Had she been demanding to see everyone's seapass card when they first arrived to check people off / get to know names, etc., as I've seen on other ships I wouldn't have minded, but I definitely felt singled out!

Going back on Oasis in May, hopefully she'll either be more friendly to us (as we'll be traveling with my parents who are also D and in her favored age demographic) or there will be someone else who is friendlier.

OH wow!!!

Hey dont take it personal...we were on the OASIS in February and again in October...Same story here in the DL....I forget her name ..dark haired lady...She was rude both trips!!!! We are in our forties.

The CL lounge with Ricardo and Natalia way different story.They were engaging and wonderful!

OH wow!!!

Hey dont take it personal...we were on the OASIS in February and again in October...Same story here in the DL....I forget her name ..dark haired lady...She was rude both trips!!!! We are in our forties.

The CL lounge with Ricardo and Natalia way different story.They were engaging and wonderful!

Haha good to know! Sounds like the same woman... her name was Charmaign if I recall correctly?

Haha good to know! Sounds like the same woman... her name was Charmaign if I recall correctly?

Yeah.not sure sounds like the same woman.

I am surprized she allowed you to bring in your friend!!! She did not get a tip from me either....

She seemed mean!

Archived