Diamond C&A member cruising with first timer

Hello everyone, I have a simple question about what to expect when my GF and I cruise together for the first time in December.

I am a Diamond C&A member and since this is my GF's first cruise, she has not joined yet.

We do not have the same address so I know she won't be bumped up to diamond status simply because of me but I'm curious about any similar experience anyone else might have had.

I don't plan on attending any of the diamond events but I'm curious if my GF would be invited to attend since we are in the same cabin?

How about the C&A gift? I'm assuming there will be just one for me but has anyone else received one for both people in the cabin regardless of their C&A level?

I don't want or expect Diamond benefits for my GF but just curious what others may have experienced in similar situations in the past.

Thanks

Hello everyone, I have a simple question about what to expect when my GF and I cruise together for the first time in December.

I am a Diamond C&A member and since this is my GF's first cruise, she has not joined yet.

We do not have the same address so I know she won't be bumped up to diamond status simply because of me but I'm curious about any similar experience anyone else might have had.

I don't plan on attending any of the diamond events but I'm curious if my GF would be invited to attend since we are in the same cabin?

How about the C&A gift? I'm assuming there will be just one for me but has

anyone else received one for both people in the cabin regardless of their C&A

level?

I don't want or expect Diamond benefits for my GF but just curious what

others may have experienced in similar situations in the past.

Thanks

Our experience has been that the non-Diamond member in the same cabin as a Diamond does not get the coupon book or the amenity but they are usually invited as a guest to the evening Diamond event or DL by the concierge. Also she may accompany you to the Diamond/Platinum party as your guest.

On one cruise our cabin attendant did bring an extra diamond coupon book to a non-diamond guest in our group. She didn't ask for it, he asked her if she wanted one. Of course she said Yes!

I hope your girlfriend has a great first cruise! Have you warned her how addicting cruising is?

How about the C&A gift? I'm assuming there will be just one for me but has anyone else received one for both people in the cabin regardless of their C&A level?

I don't want or expect Diamond benefits for my GF but just curious what others may have experienced in similar situations in the past.

Thanks

She can most likely accompany you to any diamond events to which you are invited, but no, she will not officially be invited to them. I'm D, my BF is D+, and he sometimes gets invited to D+ only events (bridge tour for example) and the invites come addressed to him and him alone. Likewise, if the ship has a concierge lounge, the letter from the concierge comes addressed to him alone, not both of us, and I get the D coupon book, he gets a D+ book.

They no longer give the C&A gifts ...but you may get something because of the Diamonds in Dec. promo...

Yea pins and maybe a tote bag:rolleyes:

My daughter,who is D,is cruising with her BF(a first time cruise) on the JW.......dont really expect anything for him..

Thanks everyone, your answers confirm what I thought would happen.

We are both excited about this cruise as it's her first time and it has been far too long since I have been on a ship.

This will actually be my first cruise since C&A started giving those food items as a gift to return cruisers...I'm assuming that as a diamond member I will get one?

I suppose I'll have to reluctantly share with my GF...LOL...

Thanks for all the helpful replies!

Yea pins and maybe a tote bag:rolleyes:

My daughter,who is D,is cruising with her BF(a first time cruise) on the JW.......dont really expect anything for him..

My daughter and I shared a cabin on the Radiance, first 2 nights she could come to the Diamond event with me,third night the waiter said absolutely no, next night she coiuld come with me but no free drinks( we didn't expect any) but we also could not buy a drink at the bar for her. Go figure.

My daughter and I shared a cabin on the Radiance, first 2 nights she could come to the Diamond event with me,third night the waiter said absolutely no, next night she coiuld come with me but no free drinks( we didn't expect any) but we also could not buy a drink at the bar for her. Go figure.

Funny,cuz on the MN,they allow non Ds to come to the D event with D members....

Thanks everyone, your answers confirm what I thought would happen.

We are both excited about this cruise as it's her first time and it has been far too long since I have been on a ship.

This will actually be my first cruise since C&A started giving those food items as a gift to return cruisers...I'm assuming that as a diamond member I will get one?

I suppose I'll have to reluctantly share with my GF...LOL...

Thanks for all the helpful replies!

Go onto your C&A account and you can select the beverage you would like with your gift basket...Make sure she signs up to join C&A and remember as soon as you get married ;) she will inherite your same status..When my son got married we all joked that his new wife actually got 2 Diamonds :D

EWW this seems so odd.....Letting her in two nights and absolutely no the next ummmm. Did you tip him the first two nights? A few bucks to the server....... who is willing to bend the rules....never hurts

I'd say the odds of being able to attend events in December might be lower simply because there will be more D onboard for the promotion and space might be at more of a premium.

Has it been confirmed that they will be doing the Diamonds in December promo again? Or is everyone still just assuming? I haven't gotten anything in either mail or email about it, and I'm pretty sure when they did it in the past I had gotten mail about it by now.

Go onto your C&A account and you can select the beverage you would like with your gift basket...Make sure she signs up to join C&A and remember as soon as you get married ;) she will inherite your same status..When my son got married we all joked that his new wife actually got 2 Diamonds :D

Like!:):D

Actually, engaged and living at the same address got my now DIL her Diamond Status. We had a family cruise about 8 months before the wedding, and the Loyalty Ambassador added her at his status on board the ship.

EWW this seems so odd.....Letting her in two nights and absolutely no the next ummmm. Did you tip him the first two nights? A few bucks to the server....... who is willing to bend the rules....never hurts
I did not think it was bending the rules as we were told she could come with me if sharing the same cabin. Yes we tip each night in the d or D+ lounge.

I did not think it was bending the rules as we were told she could come with me if sharing the same cabin. Yes we tip each night in the d or D+ lounge.

That's why is seems so strange to me......The waiter allowed you in and served non-members than pulled the rug and said no...still thinks its odd

That's why is seems so strange to me......The waiter allowed you in and served non-members than pulled the rug and said no...still thinks its odd

It's very possible that someone complained and the waiter was reprimanded for letting her in - not so odd.

Just a thought why not say she is a child, then she would be allowed in the lounge?

Hope you have no trouble, as if you go together into the Diamond lounge i do not think you will be both checked if you show your card.

Best of luck

j

It's very possible that someone complained and the waiter was reprimanded for letting her in - not so odd.

Really??? and how would anyone know each other's C&A status or even make it their business.........still think there is more to this story we are not hearing.

Archived