Carnival Liberty Spa Deck Balcony Cabins????

janiss815

Hi, I have just booked our cruise on Carnival Liberty for April 2012. This will be our first Carnival cruise (we have been on Norwegian and Holland America). I have booked what seems like a balcony cabin on the Spa Deck. My reservation from Priceline says "balcony category 8F" but when I go to the deck plan for Carnival Liberty and read review of cabins on the Spa deck I get mixed information that it is a "family oceanview" and not balcony. Can someone PLEASE confirm that the cabins on the Spa Deck (ours is cabin 1103) are balcony rooms. I even called CArnival and asked whether it was in fact balcony and the customer service said it was a balcony cabin. I am hesitant to believe her because unless she has cruise on Liberty, would she really know? I would really hate to get on the ship and end up with an oceanview room when I paid for a balcony room. Appreciate any info or advice!!!

Thanks for the prompt reply, Bill. Yeah, I saw that dry dock video for the Liberty on the Carnival website but they concentrated on the fun 2.0 upgrades and didn't mention refitting of any cabins. That's why I am so confused. I have read reviews as recent as May 2011 that said it was the Spa deck cabins were oceanview only!!! I'm so confused and concerned.

Thanks for the prompt reply, Bill. Yeah, I saw that dry dock video for the Liberty on the Carnival website but they concentrated on the fun 2.0 upgrades and didn't mention refitting of any cabins. That's why I am so confused. I have read reviews as recent as May 2011 that said it was the Spa deck cabins were oceanview only!!! I'm so confused and concerned.

I'm pretty sure that is why you are seeing the discrepancy. I'm sure someone else will be along soon to verify or correct me.

I'm jealous. We were on Liberty in September just before drydock and wish I was going back on her to check out the new features.

Have a great time

Bill

Thank you both! We are excited to go on Liberty that takes us to pretty awesome places in Western Carribbean! It was a wonderful bonus to find out the ship had gone through the Fun 2.0 upgrades so recently!

Now we just have to wait 6 months!!!!

Spa cabins are now balconies-- used to be family oceanview rooms that featured floor to ceiling windows,

the balcony is NOT covered at all. It is opened to the elements.

Do you think it's a disadvantage to have it not covered? The first thought came to mind is if it's raining it would suck but I wonder if I would be able to lay out and catch some sun if it's not covered!

By the way, John Heald confirmed on facebook that the Spa OV cabins were converted this go around! (Please don't think I didn't believe you, I posted the question here and on JH's facebook wall at the same time!) :D:D

Do you think it's a disadvantage to have it not covered? The first thought came to mind is if it's raining it would suck but I wonder if I would be able to lay out and catch some sun if it's not covered!

By the way, John Heald confirmed on facebook that the Spa OV cabins were converted this go around! (Please don't think I didn't believe you, I posted the question here and on JH's facebook wall at the same time!) :D:D

there are no loungers on the balcony so I dont know what you mean by lay out there. There is a chair that the back reclines.

With the spa cabins on this ship there are no added amenities

Archived