Luggage storage at PPT

Hibiscus13

Has anyone stored luggage at the airport in PPT? Are they lockers, or is it a secure and locked storage area? Would larger pieces of luggage fit?

We are doing a 5 night post cruise stay in Bora Bora, and we won't need everything that we are taking (we are traveling for 4 months, so there's a lot!) - and we're considering packing 5 days worth of necessities into our carryons and leaving the rest until we return.

Alternately - we are also staying one night in PPT at the IC before flying out, is it possible we could leave luggage there and pick up when we come back from Bora Bora?

Any help would be appreciated!

I haven't done it there, but most hotels are happy to hold luggage for a customer. If you let them know you will be staying with thme on your return, I bet it wouldn't be a problem. Without a stay, itmight raise some eyebrows. Remember there are security issues involved too with the storage of large packages/luggage when the owner has no plans to be there, sad, but it's the world we live in! Thats one of the reasons that airports and train stations have done away with stored luggage services too. Any possibility of shipping it along to your next destination?

Thanks for the responses - I know that there are restrictions about leaving packages/luggage stored, and for good reason. I had read about people storing luggage in PPT so I wondered what the facilities were like.

I think the cost of shipping luggage from PPT to Australia would be cost prohibitive - I don't know for sure but I would guess so :)

Thanks for the suggestion Emdee, I sent an email this morning to the IC in Papeete, hopefully I'll get a response. If not I'll call PG directly and see if they can offer any help.

If not - I guess I'll try to pack a little lighter (which is proving to be VERY challenging).

Thanks for the responses - I know that there are restrictions about leaving packages/luggage stored, and for good reason. I had read about people storing luggage in PPT so I wondered what the facilities were like.

I think the cost of shipping luggage from PPT to Australia would be cost prohibitive - I don't know for sure but I would guess so :)

Thanks for the suggestion Emdee, I sent an email this morning to the IC in Papeete, hopefully I'll get a response. If not I'll call PG directly and see if they can offer any help.

If not - I guess I'll try to pack a little lighter (which is proving to be VERY challenging).

We just returned from FP a few weeks ago and did exactly that. We were on the PG and a had a post cruise stay in Bora Bora for 4 days. When we got off the ship in the morning to go to the aiport for our Bora Bora flight we made sure we just had the essentials we would need. When we got to the airport I just asked where the luggage storage was and someone pointed me in the right direction. The building is located on the airport grounds but not in the terminal. It is in the parking lot but only a 2 minute walk. It is just a room with shelves in it that the luggage sits on so size is not an issue. There is an office as you enter and that is where you pay. They take your luggage to the back and then retrieve it when you return. We were not allowed to go back where the luggage was stored. If I remember correctly it was about USD 35.00 for the 3nights /4 days. It would have cost us a lot more to take our extra suitcase with us.

When we returned it was just a matter of walking over and retrieving our suitcase. We never had any issues.

LifesAway - thank you so much for this post. I was sure that the airport had luggage storage as you described - I'm glad you could confirm!

We will probably do just what you did, and make life easy for the few days that we have on Bora Bora. Hubs wants to know if you found any need to take long pants to BB? He's dreading the idea of wearing them every day on the ship and would like to know if he needs them at the IC Thalasso.

Any other essentials you would recommend taking for the post cruise stay?

Thanks again!

Archived